motherboard driver details...please help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinaysaxena93

Right off the assembly line
I have a really weird problem. First I would like to inform you that i am running an 'eight' years old desktop running on windows XP which has been upgraded many times initially 64 MB RAM to the current 256 MB from 20 GB hard disk to 40 and so on. During these processes it also underwent a motherboard failure due to which i got the motherboard changed from a local computer vendor. But i forgot to ask for the motherboard driver. That was a long time back and now i have moved to a different city but now i want to reformat my PC and i don't have the motherboard driver! i have also forgotten the chipset details as a result i don't know which driver to download from net. i am not an expert and so don't want to open the cabinet to find out the motherboard details.

So, basically what I want to ask you is that Is there a way to find out the motherboard details from within windows, without opening my CPU or calling a technician?????

Thanking you.:)

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
just log in to your mobo manufacturer site & according to model no search for drivers.
You should give ur mobo detail while posting for it's problem.

mrintech

Technomancer
If you have good running windows xp installation than go for this software: *www.driver-soft.com this will backup your current important drivers. Also if you find any problem do read the help file/FAQ

Also check out hardware details by: *www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html (EVEREST Free Edition 2.20), though not sure whether it will displlay accurate manufacturing details.

Do reply back what's the result ;)

Also make use of: *www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=backup+existing+drivers&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

Last edited:

amitash

Intel OCer
^^He doesnt know his motherboard version for drivers....download cpu-z and go to the mainboard section to find all your mobo details....then ask google for drivers...you can also download everest ultimate edition for comprehensive system info.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^+1

Or else you can use free tools like PcWizard or HWinfo32 to know about your proc, vga, monbo ram details.

After knowing about HW details search google for Audio, VGA & mobo Drivers

*www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php
*www.hwinfo.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom