Motherboard + CPU.......... suggestions please

I was thinking of getting i5 3570K + Asus P8Z77 V Pro ...............

am also having second thoughts of getting i5 3770 ........ a non K cpu....... so what would be good mid range mobo for it........... preferred Asus/Gigabyte........... as for non K cpu ......... people here were saying that Z77 chipset mobo is not necessary........... please suggest me for which chipset to go for .............the mobo should have similar features as chosen above ........

OP
A

azaad_shri75

BE FREE
thank you bro's for the replies.......... I did not find any good mobo in H77 chipset.......... have decided to stick with i5 3570K + Asus P8Z77 V Pro......... and I could add a mid range gpu like hd7770 or equivalent from NVidia ......... I only thought of 3770 for HT......... otherwise the above combo is fine with me.........

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
thank you bro's for the replies.......... I did not find any good mobo in H77 chipset.......... have decided to stick with i5 3570K + Asus P8Z77 V Pro......... and I could add a mid range gpu like hd7770 or equivalent from NVidia ......... I only thought of 3770 for HT......... otherwise the above combo is fine with me.........

I'd advise you to make a new thread in PC components section and fill the PC Build questionaire. This will help us give a better advise.

OP
A

azaad_shri75

BE FREE
I'd advise you to make a new thread in PC components section and fill the PC Build questionaire. This will help us give a better advise.

that would not be necessary............. it was only concern of HT in 3770......... anyways it would be not of much use for me......... as 3570K is good enough for most games........... and as suggested I'd invest in gpu........... am skeptical of Asrock quality............ however asus as poor after sales service.......

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't go for a non-K CPU if going with Z77.

Stick to i5-3570K and Z77 mobo. If you want, get the i7-3770K. Not the non-K one.

If you want non-K CPU, DO NOT BUY a Z77 motherboard. Only H77.

OP
A

azaad_shri75

BE FREE
yeah thanks.......... decided to stick with 3570K + P8Z77 V Pro........

@the_conqueror...........
it would be replacement for my old p4....... mainly gaming........... and some times matlab simulations...........C++ on qt........

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - if you are getting a K series IB cpu don't forget to grab a decent cpu cooler.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
at stock speed the cpu tends to run at 75-78c with the stock cooler and in here we the ambient temp is higher than US - so getting a custom cooler is a good idea IMO but you can stock with the stock cooler - it yu are not facing any temp issue .. then fine .. no neeed to buy a after market cooler for the cpu now but even for SB cpus getting an after market is recommended specially for K series cpus and we have thread for that ;-)

OP
A

azaad_shri75

BE FREE
how is golchha computers............. their reputation......... pricing......... after sales support........... please let me know .......... those of you had experience with them.......

Top Bottom