Motherboard Boots 3 times

Status
Not open for further replies.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hi,

Am facing a weird problem. My motherboard makes three attempts to boot then goes to the OS.

1. Attempt one:

All fans and LEDs come on for two seconds. No display to screen. Then all goes off for 2 seconds.

2. Attempt two:
All fans and LEDs come on for 6-7 seconds. No display to screen. Then all goes off for 2 seconds.

3. Attempt three:
Boots to the desktop normally.

This only happens when power is 'cut' to the PSU. Meaning, if the computer is off, but the UPS is 'on' (so there is current in the PSU), and then I power on the system, it is normal. But when I totally switch of supply, turn the UPS OFF, then the above happens.

What could be the reason for this. No issues while working/gaming. No system lock or BSOD/Crash.

Cross posted here.

Last edited:

abhadi

Broken In
This happened to me too....

I took out the CMOS battery for 2-3 min and then placed it back ... Put the RAM in another slot....

This worked out for me ... :)

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^...
Okay will try that. Will be a slight pain though. It is under neath my GPU...
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
This happened to me too....

I took out the CMOS battery for 2-3 min and then placed it back ... Put the RAM in another slot....

This worked out for me ... :)

Is your OC'ed

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Intel p35/45 was reported cold boot problem countless times. Update the bios and see if that prevents. Do note- I said prevent. AFAIK, there were only few cases that this was resolved with only updating bios.

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^ ok will give it a try. Have a feeling it is something to do with the OC..! Am running it damn high.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ About that being a nuisance rather a problem, yeah. You can try reseating the CMOS battery, its not a big deal and no harm trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom