motherboard and sata port

horizonrays

Broken In
all my sata ports on the motherboard has been used by drives , i need an expansion card , pcie/pci to sata expansion card .
it need to have at least 2 sata port which can be used together .

Does anyone know about it ? I do not want super expensive card with raid support , just plain vanilla will do , i want to connect backup drives to them .
Please list the name and brand of card if you can .

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
didn't get you buddy. You cannot directly connect your SATA HDD to PCI Express slots by using any connector. You need to purchase Add On PCI Express or PCI based SATA adapter card for it. The card will offer you multiple SATA connector.

joy.das.jd

Journeyman
I have a PCI to (3 SATA+1 IDE) expansion which I bought for about 400 bucks. I can sell you that as I no longer need it. Pm me if you are interested

OP
H

horizonrays

Broken In
didn't get you buddy. You cannot directly connect your SATA HDD to PCI Express slots by using any connector. You need to purchase Add On PCI Express or PCI based SATA adapter card for it. The card will offer you multiple SATA connector.

i already mentioned i need pci/pcie to sata expansion card , anyway thanks for the reply

@joy.das.jd > joy i would buy that , but let me know about the warranty and location where are you and how much you take ?
may be the brand to , even if it's made my techcom , zebronics , or any other i need to know the brad , second thing will it work on linux x64 or windows x64

@Tech&ME > yes i need the card you specified but that's too expensive , do know other brand , some people are using via based card but i do not know the manufacturer .

thanks all for reply , awaiting response .

Top Bottom