Month Old Xperia X10 for 15k !

varuog

Journeyman
Hi friends...

I am in need of an android phone around the 15k range.
After going through the other posts in this forum I realized that Defy+ suited me best and I've been waiting for that eagerly.

But ...

Today I got an offer to buy SE Xperia X10 for 15k (might bargain upto 13k).
The phone is about 1 month old and in good condition.

Now, I am confused whether I should accept the offer or not.
I need to respond him at the earliest..

Please help me take the correct decision...

Thanks in advance !

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
In one word: No.

Its a bad phone... really old phone, outdated software...

Defy is a lot better (and cheaper)... Even the stupid Ace is better...

OP
varuog

varuog

Journeyman
outdated software...

But it has the Gingerbread, so I don't understand how it is outdated ..

Moreover, if the price of Defy+ is too high (or the launch is too late) then I'll be going for Defy which only has update upto Froyo !

akashv

Dreaming in a Dream!
Yeah it would be a good deal if you are not much into gaming:)...Coz the Xperia X10 has a very weak GPU(Adreno 200!)

ajooba215

Journeyman
Xperia X10 for around 15k is not a bad deal but defy isnt bad either and it would cost around same price...X10 lacks in ram but has a bigger screen, better camera and faster processor. Defy on the other hand is a ruff-n-tuff kinda phone with anti dust, water proof, gorilla glass display features....anyone of the both wouldn't be a bad bargain. i would go for defy....it'll be a new one... :grin:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
but Xperia X10 is better than Defy & now even received its gingerbread update.

I thought Xperia X10 came with Android 1.6 Donut? When did it get Gingerbread?

--------------------------

EDIT: I see now it is upgradable to Gingerbread... In that case, it has become an excellent buy... The hardware is good, the camera is good... Go for it...

*www.engadget.com/2011/07/27/xperia-x10-gets-gingerbread-update-gratuitous-cookie-pictures-e/

but Xperia X10 is better than Defy & now even received its gingerbread update.

You guys are talking about the big fat Xperia x10 ? coz there are tons of Xperia models which are so lame.

OP: The battery backup is worst with the original X10, you will need to carry s charger with you to use this phone. Thats why this phone is selling dirt cheap, if you google more you will get much cheaper rate.

If you want to struggle for bad experience, and keep running for battery/charger go for this phone. Awesome buy.

Else, look for other options period

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
more than a month ago. last check should be if it have descent custom rom. Android mobile - custom rom = fail (usually).

OP: The battery backup is worst with the original X10, you will need to carry s charger with you to use this phone. Thats why this phone is selling dirt cheap, if you google more you will get much cheaper rate.

beats desire in terms of bad battery backup? anyway who picked Xperia X10s (mini/pro, this, that) surely didn't cared about backup. they need style.

& now they need a buyer :grin:

more than a month ago. last check should be if it have descent custom rom. Android mobile - custom rom = fail (usually).

beats desire in terms of bad battery backup? anyway who picked Xperia X10s (mini/pro, this, that) surely didn't cared about backup. they need style.

Its worse then desire coz I used both for few days. X10 will last 4-6 hours if you are regular surfer, fb, twitter, push gmail. Beat tht :grin:

Agree to your last statement, they first need a style and now looking out for a buyer :cool:

OP
varuog

varuog

Journeyman
If you want to struggle for bad experience, and keep running for battery/charger go for this phone. Awesome buy.

Agree to your last statement, they first need a style and now looking out for a buyer :cool:

Thanks for the WARNING friends !!

I've decided to take the phone on a trial run for a day. If battery lasts then I might *think* about it ..
(Still, somehow I feel that this is not the phone that I am gonna buy !)

Thanks for all the help !!!

Top Bottom