'Month of Apple Bugs' turns up 10 vulnerabilities -- so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhilrao

Journeyman
'Month of Apple Bugs' turns up 10 vulnerabilities -- so far
There's more to come, says one of the researchers behind the effort
*www.allheadlinenews.com
January 11, 2007 (Computerworld) -- A month-long campaign by two independent security researchers to disclose security flaws in Apple Inc.'s products has so far resulted in 10 vulnerabilities being publicly disclosed -- and several more on the verge of being announced. Exploit information has also been published, along with proof-of-code detailing how to take advantage of the flaws, several of which were described as being remotely exploitable by the researchers.
The disclosures are part of a Month of Apple Bugs (MoAB) effort launched on Jan. 1 by independent security researcher Kevin Finisterre and another researcher identified only by the initials LMH.

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
If you people are not gonna have sane discussions then what's the use of posting such threads. It maybe helpful to someone. But, with people like you'll acting so stupid. It spoils the whole thread.
-ve reps given to EagerBeaver, aryayush, eddie and gx_saurav.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Good Info Nikhil.
All OS have their own prons & cons. None can be perfect without problems. It's only the time factor when these vulnerabilites are discovered and reported. It's better to accept facts and think wide.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
tech_your_future said:
If you people are not gonna have sane discussions then what's the use of posting such threads. It maybe helpful to someone. But, with people like you'll acting so stupid. It spoils the whole thread.
-ve reps given to EagerBeaver, aryayush, eddie and gx_saurav.
WTH! I don't even know what transpired here. Someone, maybe 'EagerBeaver', said that a flame war was going to start here and I said that it wasn't. To be more specific, he said that some Mac guy was going to be infuriated by someone else's post and I replied that Mac guys were not interested in such stupid projects (referring to the 'MoAB' project). I don't know what happened after that, but I can guess that eddie and gx_saurav posted something against my comment. Whatever. That's their job, they do it ALL the time. But why have I been negetive repped! :shock:
I do not care about the repping system - but I am not ready to share blame for the idiosyncrasies of other forum members. I did not read eddie and gx_saurav's posts, but EagleBeaver's post wasn't deserving of a negetive rep too.
This is a misjudgement by an otherwise very capable moderator and I am disappointed. :|

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
aryayush said:
WTH! I don't even know what transpired here. Someone, maybe 'EagerBeaver', said that a flame war was going to start here and I said that it wasn't. To be more specific, he said that some Mac guy was going to be infuriated by someone else's post and I replied that Mac guys were not interested in such stupid projects (referring to the 'MoAB' project). I don't know what happened after that, but I can guess that eddie and gx_saurav posted something against my comment. Whatever. That's their job, they do it ALL the time. But why have I been negetive repped! :shock:
I do not care about the repping system - but I am not ready to share blame for the idiosyncrasies of other forum members. I did not read eddie and gx_saurav's posts, but EagleBeaver's post wasn't deserving of a negetive rep too.
This is a misjudgement by an otherwise very capable moderator and I am disappointed. :|
I gave a -ve rep cos it was your comment which led to the further stupid discussion. And henceforth please avoid replying to such posts which do not deserve to be replied. Just report them, they will be taken care of. If you feel my decision to give you a -ve rep is wrong you can appeal to the admins and they can correct it if they feel it's wrong. I stand by my decision to give -ve reps to all those posts.
And please keep such talks to PM instead of discussing it in the thread. This thread is really going awry.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I am sorry! I did not report EagleBeaver's post because he, IMHO, had posted nothing wrong. I am really sorry though, for not expecting that 'gxsaurav' would make a third id just to bash me! :mad:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
arya said:
I am sorry! I did not report EagleBeaver's post because he, IMHO, had posted nothing wrong. I am really sorry though, for not expecting that 'gxsaurav' would make a third id just to bash me! :mad:

i got better things to do in this forum, then bashing you

rajasekharan

Youngling
hell....this reputation system sucks big time.....why is that i see a reputation quarrel all time...and some guys behind it like its a BIG thing in the world....stop the crap...it consumes half of the forum.....

by the way ...i guess no o.s is with out flaws...be it linux, windows, mc o.s ....the days have come where people know the fact that their o.s is not with out flaws...:), truth....what differentiate is that the user friendliness , the willingness to correct the flaws and how quick they do it ...and of course if you use an o.s for first time and its the first thing you have touched and use it long enough you will find the others as crap . unless it offers more comfort level than the present o.s. and its always good to discover flaws....:), you can make the product more improved , more better.like in case of windows more the flaws the better its turning out to be than initial, as the same with every other product.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
rajasekharan said:
hell....this reputation system sucks big time.....why is that i see a reputation quarrel all time...and some guys behind it like its a BIG thing in the world....stop the crap...it consumes half of the forum.....

dude, what are you saying? Rep system is cool , all those with high reps will get a seat in the parliament and NASA is sending ppl with high reps in digit forum to the moon trip next time .
So keep begging for the reps. I dont give a damn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom