• monster-hunter-online-logo.jpg
    monster-hunter-online-logo.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

heidi2521

Padawan
Coming worldwide according to this:

Monster Hunter Online is Coming to the West - VGU

I am not too anxious because it is a F2P MMO by Tencent, known for creating P2W games(I can already see gear being stuck behind a paywall). I'd much rather MHP3 and MH4 came here instead.

Capcom's recent comments on DLC don't really help in this matter either.

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
I just hope they allow use of the xbox 360 controller to play this game.If they make KB/Mouse compulsory,i'm Phucked.

Assuming they make it as hard as the MH games on PSP were.Dark Souls will feel like childs play

heidi2521

Padawan
And that they don't make it overly grindy because it is a MMO and to incentivize spending money. It is annoying enough having to kill 20 - 30 Rathaloses to get one plate. The game would be unplayable if they increased the grindiness of the game.

heidi2521

Padawan
MMOs wont be MMOs without grindiness

You've clearly never played MH :). The normal Pay2Play versions are more grindy than most MMOs already, especially if you ever hope to progress beyond HR3/4. In most MMOs you need to grind 30-60 mins to level up/get the gear you want. In here you can grind for days without getting that one part you need to complete crafting your armour set.

Piyush

Lanaya
Great news. I want this one to be a lil different form other MMOs out there.
Also, I wish of no different classes of members, viz, premium and free. Let there be only 1 type of member class.

heidi2521

Padawan
Get your hopes down for this game. The original report said that it will get an international release, not that it is coming to the west. Capcom considers anything outside Japan international and the previous 'international' MH MMO never came to the west.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
You've clearly never played MH :). The normal Pay2Play versions are more grindy than most MMOs already, especially if you ever hope to progress beyond HR3/4. In most MMOs you need to grind 30-60 mins to level up/get the gear you want. In here you can grind for days without getting that one part you need to complete crafting your armour set.

I understand what you mean lol but have never played warofdragons..
You have to grind atleast for a YEAR to get to level 10 ... haha and 2 years to get to level 15 with normal gear (not the upper high end ones) :D

heidi2521

Padawan
What in God's name is a skill bar?
there is only the H bar the S bar and the sword sharpness icon.

The thing at the bottom center of the screen in shots 2, 3 & 4. In MMOs and some RPGs you use them to execute 'skills'.

This video shows how one is typically used(about 5 minutes in)

Note that it is nothing like anything you would do in Monster Hunter.

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
The thing at the bottom center of the screen in shots 2, 3 & 4. In MMOs and some RPGs you use them to execute 'skills'.

This video shows how one is typically used(about 5 minutes in)

Note that it is nothing like anything you would do in Monster Hunter.

dude i think thats a quick-use item bar. see the first icon in screenshot #2 in the "skill bar" it looks like a health potion,doesn't it?

EDIT: in an mmo game you can't pause to use items while your mate gets smacked in the face by a rathian's tail ;-)

heidi2521

Padawan
MHO has been confirmed for Chinese market only and not for west.

*i.imgur.com/RuDtx9c.jpg

Looks like the definition "International = Not Japan" was being used.

heidi2521

Padawan
^Bad News :cry:

PHUCK YOU CAPCOM!!!!!! PHUCK YOU YELLOW COMMIES!!!!!! MAY ALL OF YOUR GAMES GET PIRATED A$$HOLES!!!!!!

It may have something to do with the fact that Nintendo is responsible for hosting MH servers, at least in the west.

Src: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate to use Nintendo Network servers | VG247

According to (currently unsubstantiated) rumours the game has worse drop rates than MHF and you can get gear by paying IRL cash. Doesn't seem too unlikely TBH.

Top Bottom