Monitor with USB

daemon1

Journeyman
Hi,

I am planning to buy a monitor and curious to know if there are any with USB ports which can play pendrives or HDD directly?
Please suggest.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
there is no such monitor.by definition this feature is available only with TVs which have the inbuilt hardware & software to play files unlike monitors which are simply display output devices.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
It can but what OP is asking is to use flash media directly on a monitor to play videos, IMO thats not possible in case of monitors, TVs with built in players are capable of that but not monitors

OP
D

daemon1

Journeyman
there is no such monitor.by definition this feature is available only with TVs which have the inbuilt hardware & software to play files unlike monitors which are simply display output devices.
Got it, I was assuming same thing..

Cant a TV with 2 hdmi ports double up as a TV/ monitor for pc?
Yeah, this seems to be the only option

It can but what OP is asking is to use flash media directly on a monitor to play videos, IMO thats not possible in case of monitors, TVs with built in players are capable of that but not monitors
Yes, I do not want to switch on computer everytime if I only need to see movies hence the request of checking if this is possible.

Seems TV with monitor is only option...Any recommendation on 23" TV+monitor?

OP
D

daemon1

Journeyman
Ok, So I have found one such TV/monitor which serves my purpose. Only drawback is that its in 24" and I was looking at Max 23"
Its Samsung LT24C350AR, available at Snapdeal @16k. Want to check this locally first about the features.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Ok, So I have found one such TV/monitor which serves my purpose. Only drawback is that its in 24" and I was looking at Max 23"
Its Samsung LT24C350AR, available at Snapdeal @16k. Want to check this locally first about the features.

Do keep us informed... I am interested in purchasing one too...:)

Top Bottom