Monitor turns Yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Offlate whenever I turn on my PC after sometime the monitor screen turns in Yellow color, I don't really understand this. I have checked all the connections and they are fine. Please help me.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
It means that your monitor is not reproducing the blue component of the video signal.

Your computer sends images to your monitor as a combination of red, green and blue colours (RGB). All RGB colours in a balanced ratio produce white or gray colour. If Green is missing or weak, the picture is purple; if Blue is missing, it's yellow; if Red is missing, the picture is greenish-blue.

Since the fault on your monitor shows up some time after powering on, and since you've checked all external connections, it must be a heat-related loose contact somewhere inside it, probably a dry solder joint in the blue signal line.

It shouldn't be too difficult for a good technician to isolate it - an electronics technician, not a computer hardware tech. Chances are it's on the CRT base board, i.e., the small PCB (circuit board) fitted with a socket to the rear end of the picture tube.

Theoretically, it could also be on your graphics card, but this is much less likely.

sms_solver

In the zone
I think is yr monitor is more than 4 years old.

Save money so that you could buy a new one within a year or so.

I advice anybody to change the monitor in 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom