monitor trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

royal

Padawan
hi all.

when i switch on my rig my monitor led stays green for a few seconds then it blinks and the screen is black ( when i disconnect the signal cable it shows "No Signal" ) ... i read that this occurs when the graphics is faulty or the signal cable is to be blamed...

My mobo ( MSI neo2 platinum 81915 ) is only a few months old and has inbuilt graphic while my monitor is 4 yrs old (samsung 750S) so i suspect the signal cable is the culprit here....

can u guys think of any other reason??

and is the signal cable replacable, or do i have to call a service person to open the monitor ??

any help would be greatly appreciated coz I dont want to buy a new monitor right now...

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
The quickest and simplest way to find out if it's your monitor or the CPU that's faulty is to connect your monitor to another computer and/or to connect another monitor to your CPU.

To check the signal cable, gently flex it while the computer is on, especially near the connector where it plugs into the CPU box. If the LED turns green again and the display comes on, then the signal cable is defective.

The signal cable can be replaced, but if you have no experience in electronics, it's best to have it done by a technician.

It's possible for a new mobo to become defective after a few days, but since your monitor is much older than the mobo, the monitor would be the first suspect.

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
now i think it is the in built graphics of the mobo...i'll tell u why....
sometimes the picture comes but its all hazy and grainy .... and it does not stay for long :evil: i faced this prob with my previous AGP graphics card which i eventually had to replace... :(

so probably the mobo is the culprit...any idea guys?

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
hey guess what...it was the RAM which was loose :oops: ...i decided to give it one more try b4 calling the service guy and it worked :p

thanks all who tried to help ... :D

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
A loose or defective RAM stick will certainly cause problems with bootup, but usually signals it by a characteristic beep. Since you did not report any error beep, a fault with the RAM did not seem likely.

Anyway, glad to hear that your problem was solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom