Monitor to go with a 5770

girish_b

Journeyman
Well, I was thinking about taking a new monitor to go with the gfx card i'm purchasing - a MSi 5770 Hawk edition. I've been to the local hardware store, to have a look. And since then I can't decide whether I have to go with a 18.5 or a 20 or a 22 inch monitor.

I'm a web designer, I like to play games as well. But If I choose a 22 inch one, will it affaect the games's playability? drop in frame rates and all?

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
it doesn't depend on the size of the monitor but the native resolution
typically
18.5 incher=1440x****(overkill for card)
20 incher=1600x900(sweet spot)
22incher=1920x1080(moderate to great performance)

the real sweet spot is 1600x900 resolution
as at this resolution the hawk can run every single game in the planet with the highest settings

get a 20 incher or 22 incher
whichever suits you most

OP
G

girish_b

Journeyman
Back when I was playing Crysis and Warhead on 1400 x 900 with max details (Win Xp) there were a bit of framing here and there. It was a Palit 4850 I was using. So I'm a bit skeptical about the performance a 5770 will give on a bigger screen. 1 gb of gddr5 memory is pretty good, but I just don't wanna jump it.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ depends on the details level along with resolution. also about the ram, proccy (a fast proccy is of extreme necessity here).

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
hi all buddies !
can HD 5770 1gb + intel i5-750+4gb ddr3

play moderen games with HD resolution on 22 incher with high settings ?

Specially GTA 4 and mafia 2 ? This question has been asked me by my friends. coz one cant afford i7-920 + x58 + HD 5870.
How far behind the i5 combo is from i7 920 combo ?
should he wait for i7-920 to be affordable ?
so plz reply

OP
G

girish_b

Journeyman
My pc is an E8400 on a P5Q deluxe with only 2 gb 0f ddr2 800mhz ram. So.. when I decided upon the MSI 5770 hawk, I also thought about going for an upgrade of 4 gb more ram too.

some reviews I read showed around 30+ FP for Crysis under various test systems. In my case, I'm not much of a gamer, other than for the FIFA/PES and NFS series.

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
the i5 750 is a good one...meant for gaming..
try and get i5 760 (difference of just 300-400 bucks)

thnx jas for ur reply. i hv asked u several tyms but u didnt respond.

coz u wrote Amritsar in ur profile (am amritsar also) so i wana know these components will be available in amritsar or not :-
1. Cooler Masters (cabby and psus)
2. Corsair (psus and rams)
3.gskill
4. gigabyte /msi boards
5. Gpus like ati hd 5770

if u know anything plz tell me from where it all will be avialable.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^
It does not matter which demographic you are from. Online rules.

+1. why run after dealers that quote double or insanely high price on outdated parts. better get fresh entries at their true prices. and yes its 100% safe. i got parts halfway across the nation :grin:

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Yes, but if one doesn't know to assemble himself, how can getting things online help? Do they ship it assembles if we order all components together?

For op:
20" = 1600x900
22" = 1920x1080
(generally). So take your pick. slightly reducing the settings to get good frame rates isn't that bad an option. 22" should be fine.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Yes, but if one doesn't know to assemble himself, how can getting things online help? Do they ship it assembles if we order all components together?

yes they do. not all but many online sites do. will charge 350-500 bucks but will do a nice assemble. but i am against it. cause if nothing wrong with it, during the transfer, there will be constant load on the motherboard from the processor HSF & graphics card (if any). this can lead to breaking of the slots or getting damaged. so better get the parts & assemble yourself or call a local PC technician or take it to a PC shop. total pricing will be far less.

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
^^
It does not matter which demographic you are from. Online rules.

would u plz tell me the procedure of building a PC online? i know nothing about it.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Am calling all Monitor Gurus.
The dilemma :

1. HDTV should be used as a PC monitor
2. LED monitor with inbuilt tv tuner.

Suggest what u think is best of 22-23-24 inches.

Nobody reply me on Monitor queries. :x :?:

Top Bottom