Monitor Remains Blank After Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

anna_don

Broken In
I got this strange problem...

My PC was working perfectly fine one minute and then suddenly the monitor screen went blank...I restarted the system and even after that the monitor remains blank..The CPU and the printer and all other pripherals get switched on...The little green light in front of the monitor keeps blinking though...

I tried removing the cable from the back and plugging it in again..it didnt work.

I tried switchin on the computer after a little while and that too was of no use..

I called the local computer service man and he said that my videocard and sound card were all creating problems and so removed them.He then attached the monitor to the onboard video socket. Its working fine now..So there can be nothing wrong with the picture tube...He said that it was probably because of moisture..

But whats bothering me is that the same problem has occured to four other of my friends.All their video and sound cards cannot have gone bad...And not all their computers could not be having problems because of moisture Please Help!!!! If my guess is right...there are a lot more people facing this problem...Is this a virus or something?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
anna_don said:
I called the local computer service man and he said that my videocard and sound card were all creating problems and so removed them.

now display can give u problem becouse of Video card... but lol... how can he say that the sound card is making monitor go black... lol...

any way... moisture.. can couse problem... but if only ur system is expose to it... try cleaning the Graphics card socket... & make sure that ur system PSU has enough juce to run all the hardware u have installed...

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
He he ha ha heh heh sound card making monitor go blank...

I think cleaning both graphics card contact area and the socket will do...

See that the gfx card is seated properly in the agp slot..

Regards....

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
man wat is happening, this same prob occured with me this morn and also with another member, but recovery solved my prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom