Monitor Problem

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Yesterday at last i switched form my crappy CRT to a 23"" LED 1080p TV(using TV as monitor) but to my suprise, the picture quality was bad. I cant really describe it (will post pics soon) but the whole screen is too white(not bright), I cant even use 1080p on the TV(problem with GPU?) as the icons and taskbar are half cut after switching to 1080p.
I am not much worried about the resolution but could anyone help me with the whiteness problem?

PS -
1. Changed HDMI cable, but its the same
2. As the TV has a USB slot to connect media storage directly, i connected my HDD and the picture quality was fine.
3. Also tried adjusting every setting I could find, still no luck.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hope you have read & understood the overdrive,overscan,pc color range(0-255),tv color range(16-255) & all the related settings to these in your graphics driver settings.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
I hope you have read & understood the overdrive,overscan,pc color range(0-255),tv color range(16-255) & all the related settings to these in your graphics driver settings.
:|
I fixed it somewhat, had to set resolution and then aspect ratio to auto then brightness, gamma and contrast, had to disable edge enhancer, set sharpness. Its good but not he best i've seen.

BTW i don't understand what you mean :|

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Assuming you are using ati radeon catalyst driver,disable/uncheck all quality settings except deinterlace settings.Also uncheck all colour settings & select dynamic range(0-255) in advanced colour settings.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Assuming you are using ati radeon catalyst driver,disable/uncheck all quality settings except deinterlace settings.Also uncheck all colour settings & select dynamic range(0-255) in advanced colour settings.
not on AMD catalyst, I'm on Geforce Experience .

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
basics are same.just disable any video enhancement or processing option & select video player controlled wherever available.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check that gamma settings in nvidia driver are set to default & disable/reset any gamma setting there.Also read this:
*pcmonitors.info/articles/correcting-hdmi-colour-on-nvidia-and-amd-gpus/

Top Bottom