Monitor power settings not workin' properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashuniverse

In the zone
Hi all,
this problem is absolutely silly to ask here. but i have no clue what the problem is.

my screensaver is set to 1 min and turn off monitor at 2 mins. now i m pretty sure i have this only profile activated, the settings as i said but what happens dat it doesnt always behave the same.

screensaver works fine at 1 min bu at 2 min monitor doesnt switch off itself all the time. i mean it switches off only 25% times and i could not observer any sequence, its bsolutely random. may happen, manot.

Rescue me.

expertno.1

Technomancer
dude

if you have to leave your computer fulllly idle for 2 minutes then only your monitor will off

and abt 25% times this happens that you leave your computer fuly idle for 2 minutes so the monitor goes off

but 75% times you do some movements either on mosue or on keyboard thats why it doesnt goes power off

well if this is not the problem then the problem is with your monitor..go check it with the technician

vandit

In the zone
expertno.1 wrote : dude

if you have to leave your computer fulllly idle for 2 minutes then only your monitor will off

and abt 25% times this happens that you leave your computer fuly idle for 2 minutes so the monitor goes off

but 75% times you do some movements either on mosue or on keyboard thats why it doesnt goes power off
Then how will the screensaver will be active?

vandit

In the zone
I mean that if the monitor doesn't go off after 2 min.. and the screen saver is still running that means that no movement of mouse and keyboard has been made in that case the monitor should switch off 100% times.... exp.no1...

vandit

In the zone
in case u are using linux ( I faced this in suse) the power management services should be available to the account u are loggin. in.... try turning it on from the yast...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom