Monitor goes standby at startup

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Guys,

My system runs at AI overclocking set in the BIOS, so my E8400 runs at 2.4 GHz instead of 3 GHz. When I set the overclocking to default (333), sometimes my monitor goes into standby when the system restarts, i.e. I suspect there is no signal from the video card. However the system responds to Ctrl+Alt+Del.

After numerous resets, the system starts but, it is running at 2.4 Ghz and a message at the bottom says "Overclocking failed".

However, after running for some time, it runs well, even after overclocking to default.

Sometimes, when I start the system after a long time, the monitor still goes into stand by irrespective of whether the processor has been overclocked or not.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The cpu runs ok. Since, if I press reset, it sometimes asks to launch startup repair, which occurs when we press reset when the windows logo is displayed.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
not too sure..but it might be due to some faulty HW too..just clean the RAM sticks, slots and any add on cards you may have and try booting.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
My config is E8400, Asus P5GC-MX/1333, Sapphire 4850 radeon, Odyssey 450w smps. It usually happens if I set the CPU freq to 333, it is otherwise normal, but not always.

Top Bottom