Monitor goes blank like sleep mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujeet2555

In the zone
My config is ;P4 1.7 Ghz ,845 mobo,Gainward Nvidia 6800le,512 md ram,400 Watt cheap PSU.My monitor is going blank ,LED of the monitor goes from green to orange color.Cpu is just running and sound also play for some time and then stops.Nothing works in attempt to start the pc.i have to restart the pc again.firstly it was happening in only games like while playing bioshock (when i start bioshock ,it goes to menu screen then suddenly monitor goes blank.it happens at just same moment many times.and in other games also while loading another map or any time,it wants).now it just goes blank while idle or surfing net.Computer runs fine on onboard graphic.i have changed the rails of psu ,so thet only graphic card is there on single rail.firstly it works but now it make any difference.i have searched many forums.so,please tell me,is it:-
1.Graphic card problem (read in many forum that blank screen is typical in 6800le models)
2.PSU problem as my psu is cheap quality
3.Monitor problem
4 Other problem as you suggests.
please help

foruamit2004

Broken In
probelm looks like related to gfx card, may be driver or heating issue..,lower the gpu clocks(even if it is not overclocked), reduce the game gfx settings,freash installation of drivers, if possible format OS... try out these things, you may get the idea where is the problem..

OP
sujeet2555

sujeet2555

In the zone
gpu is not overheating it within(60-70 celcius).i don't want to re-install window xp.i have solved many problems without reinstalling xp for 5 years.its not os problem as it runs fine on onboard gfx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom