MOnitor Filckers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
I have a Asus A8N-VM mobo running with AMD 3000+.I have a samsung SyncMaster 798plus Monitor.I have set the resolution to 1024 X 768 and refresh rate at 75 Hz.I had no problem for the first two days(new hardware),but soon my monitor starting flickering.I t happens only when you move the mouse or open sum application or type.
If u leave it still ..faint white lines at edges come at a interval of 5-8 sec.
The same happens at 72 Hz and 70 Hz.It does nt happen at 60 Hz but the faint whit lines continue.

legolas

Padawan
reg. the refresh rates, for my monitor the max. it cud display at 1024*768 is only 60 Hz and no more. go to right click mouse -> properties -> settings -> advanced -> monitor and see if the "hide mode the monitor cannot display" is checked. then see under the drop down box the Hz values.. if there aint anything other than 60, then u got to use that only under ur resolution! if u get 60+ and stil getting the problem.. i thnk its a hardware prb and not a configuration problem... gl

/legolas

OP
Maverick340

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
If i reduce hardware acc in the troubleshooting section then it doesnt happen.But if a make hardware acc full(which is recomended) and res 60 Hz , it still happens sometimes...

allmighty

Broken In
whaaa!!! mine samsung 773s (17 inch) is set at 1024*768 at 85 hz refresh rate , no problem!!!

infact in the maual they said it to make 85 hz from 60 hz to reduce the strain on the eyes.

i think ur grphic driver is not installed properly or u are not using maximum hardware accelration for the graphic card.

OP
Maverick340

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Dude!Even i set it to 85 Hz and no problem as of now(bin 4hrs)..lets see.
Even i refered to the manual and set it to 85 Hz...
I didnt set it before cuz i thot it cant take it!!
lLeds see wehat happens!!

edit:: Oh crap sh*t!I restarted after a gap of 3hrs and back to the same state!!! :cry: Its not the refresh rate for sure...i think its sumting to do with the magnetic disturbance ..But my cabinet is about a feet away from my monitor!@
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Sum1 pls help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom