monitor enteres power saving mode immediately after boot

sukesh1090

Adam young
Guys yesterday when i changed my ram latency to 8-8-8-22 restarted the
System but after restart the monitor shows power saving mode nothing else.it happened even before once but that time it worked correctly after 2-3 restart.i checked monitor with other system and it is working fine.i removed gfx and booted with onboard but still no luck.i inserted ram in another slot and reinserted cmos battery after some time but in vain.system starts perfectly but doen't give any beep.the processor,mobo,ram,hdd are just 1 Week old.so guys what say which is the culprit mobo or psu?
Thank you.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Do you get the boot screen or does it enter the power saving mode after booting to windows?

reset/clear the bios.there would be a jumper for that. check you motherboard manual for the location of the jumper. removing the cmos battery may not clear the cmos. also please state your motherboard model.

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
It comes before the bios.the system starts with power saving mode.cpu starts and monitor shows power saving mode.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
ok clear the bios using the jumper/button based on your motherboard,that should reset the memory timing. other than this I dont see any problem. Also check if you have plugged in the 4 pin aux power for the motherboard.

Last edited:
OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
thank you for your support brother.i was able to get my system back in working.btw my BIOS shows DRAM voltage as 1.6V and also hwmonitor and hwinfo shows the same thing but my mobo specs says it only supports up to 1.5V and cpuz shows the same thing.so i believe more BIOS so i consider it as 1.6V.i also checked the dram voltage changing option but it only support increasing the volt not decreasing.so is there any problem when it is using more volt which mobo doesn't support.

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
thank you for your support brother.i was able to get my system back in working.btw my BIOS shows DRAM voltage as 1.6V and also hwmonitor and hwinfo shows the same thing but my mobo specs says it only supports up to 1.5V and cpuz shows the same thing.so i believe more BIOS so i consider it as 1.6V.i also checked the dram voltage changing option but it only support increasing the volt not decreasing.so is there any problem when it is using more volt which mobo doesn't support.
I'm Glad that your system is back online :) Im not into tweaking/overclocking the memory/CPU .. so i can't help you in that case. Others may be able to answer your queries.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
@Op ur ram cam run at 8-8-8-22 timings just set the timings manually in bios & the frequency to 592X2=1184

tighter timings will give better performance then 1600 freq.

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^will it?because someone told me that higher frequency gives more performance over lesser timings.I think that was not the cause for my problem i guess because it also happened before but that time i didn't change anything.
btw guys actually i ordered for corsair XMS3 RAM from SMC but they have sent me vengeance at the same cost and in invoice also it is written as XMS3.so guys will i see any problem claiming my warranty?

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
^^will it?because someone told me that higher frequency gives more performance over lesser timings.I think that was not the cause for my problem i guess because it also happened before but that time i didn't change anything.
btw guys actually i ordered for corsair XMS3 RAM from SMC but they have sent me vengeance at the same cost and in invoice also it is written as XMS3.so guys will i see any problem claiming my warranty?

i think the higher frequencies will give performance boost in amd llano processors
for the warranty speak the matter with SMC did they mention any serial or part no.in the bill

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
^^ the retail difference is i think Rs200 approx between the two i don't think smc will ask to return or pay extra for that if he purchased online they must have send it due to non availability of xms3

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
no serial number is mentioned just model number of xms3(CMX4GX3M1A1600C9) and its price.in that model number vengeance one just differ by that cmx where it has cmz,so i think the one packed the parts have misread it and sent this as there is just single alphabet difference.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
no serial number is mentioned just model number of xms3(CMX4GX3M1A1600C9) and its price.in that model number vengeance one just differ by that cmx where it has cmz,so i think the one packed the parts have misread it and sent this as there is just single alphabet difference.

i don't know corsair's warranty policy whether u need the bill or not but i think u should talk to then if in any case in near future u need the warranty & it requires the bill then u will be in trouble

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@sukesh1090: Then first call corsair re-seller in India, and ask them what is needed for availing warranty on any product. If they say that bill is required, then only contact smc, otherwise why should you?

Top Bottom