Monitor display is PINK :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

foreveranuj

Broken In
Hi All,

Bad news to start Feb with :( My Monitor has turned pink...the display is normal for sometime after i boot up...but after 3-5mins, the display becomes RED and remains that way till i shut it down.
Is this something MAJOR a problem? I mean, am i better off buying a new Monitor than repairing this?

Thanks, in advance!
Anuj

swatkat

Technomancer
it is the stray magnetic field near the moniter, which is causing the colour patches on the moniter.Do u keep the speakers too close to the moniters?
also, if ur monitor is a new one, then u should have "Degauss" option in it, just browse through the OnScreen menu of ur monitor and select "Degauss" option, this will sort it out....
if ur monitor in an old one, it may not have a degauss option, just switch off the monitor for some time and then switch on it, everything will be alright.....also dont keep speakers too close to monitor...Check if ur speakers are magnetically shielded or not....
this is not a major problem.....

OP
F

foreveranuj

Broken In
thanks mann

Hi Swatkat,'

ur correct when u ask that?....in fact, i place the speakers on TOP of the monitor!!
i know it sounds kinda funny....but i had once read that having a triangular-raised effect gives the maximum effect from the speakers.
Will place the speakers somewhere else today...and shall see if that solves the problem!

Thanks budd..
Anuj
Hydbad, India

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
From your description of the problem, I'm inclined to think it's something other than the magnetic field from the speakers.

Move the speakers away from the monitor, and if that doesn't work, report back and we'll tackle it from another angle.

nirubhai

Broken In
1st check pins in the connector to the display card. if the pins are ok, get a technician, the color ICs of the monitor needs to be replaced.

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
If Swatkat's solution doesn't work out then go for this .. my frd had the same problem & we found out tht it was a problem in the input cable from ur Graphics Adapter to monitor ......OK!! man so chill this has happened so i think U can understand wat & where the problem ..rest is ..abt the color ..yes! :( It was Pink here also ..

So ur problem seems quite similar .. get ur input cable checked ..ok! gud luck hope this also works out for U! :D

adorablesrini

Broken In
Ya buddy i know the feeling!! Happened to me also. In my case the color was yellow.some IC was burned out.I got it replaced then all was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom