Monitor display is all Pink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neha.N

Right off the assembly line
Hello everyone,

I want to pester you guys (again) with another query, hope you will help me out.

The Problem.

When I started my desktop computer today all the windows have a pink background. Before shutting down last night they were white.

The monitor screen flashes a few times converting from a normal white display to and then settles on a not-so-nice Valentine-pink. Both the display are not permanent, it keeps on changing back and forth.

What I have done.

I tried changing the display settings in Control Panel, checked for driver updates, checked for viruses, but the pink hue remains. One of my friends advised me to check if the pins are bent, although I did not do that ,but I did shake the wires. I don't think the pins are bent because I there is no reason for the pins to be bent.

What else can I do?

Thank you.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
See first if u can get a friends monitor and connect that to CPU and see if its the same problem...if it is then YIPEEE its tiem for new monitor :twisted:

If no then some thing wrong with ur display card (i guess)..... if u do not have an onboard display card YIPEE again get a new card....and if its onboard then Hurray(this time :twisted: ) get an new motherboard....

But i advise take an second opinion before buying anything... :D :wink:

harshagarwal

Journeyman
check out for the speakers nearby or some equipment radiating magnetic field,most of the monitor are magneticlly shielded but just try it it might work also try the solution suggested by wizrulz, i.e bring a diff monitor and check it if that works fine u just need to repair the cord connecting your monitor to the cpu.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
@neha , very simple solution as the problem is very common , Change the monitor cable its faulty , when u move/shake the monitor cable u will notice the color changes back to notmal , the connector pins of the cable are loose , chk they are connected properly or not .

A

ASH_DSG

HI NEHA,
I Think U have make some changes in ur display properties and u have increase the setting of red blue and green colors segment try to default them it should work. Or uninstall ur graphic driver totally then restart and after restart install the graphic driver. It should work I think. Or which windows ru u using do u install an theme changer software which is not compatible with ur windows and it changes frequently check it and uninstall it. Ok bye.

OP
N

Neha.N

I am typing this on my laptop as I cant make head or tail in my CRT monitor.

tarey_g said:
@neha , very simple solution as the problem is very common , Change the monitor cable its faulty , when u move/shake the monitor cable u will notice the color changes back to notmal , the connector pins of the cable are loose , chk they are connected properly or not .

Tarey_g I did try shaking the cable but not too much, but it made no diffrence. I even tried slapping on the side of my monitor still no diffrence. I tried to pull the cable out so that I could get it cheched, but it seems like it is fixed at one end, at the monitor end that is.

ASH_DSG said:
HI NEHA,
I Think U have make some changes in ur display properties and u have increase the setting of red blue and green colors segment try to default them it should work. Or uninstall ur graphic driver totally then restart and after restart install the graphic driver. It should work I think. Or which windows ru u using do u install an theme changer software which is not compatible with ur windows and it changes frequently check it and uninstall it. Ok bye.

I use WinXP as my OS.

I have never changed the display settings, nor have I installed any themes.

Is this a minor or a major problem. Is it fixable. If I called up a technition how much will it cost for me to repair my monitor.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Its a hardware problem and the problem resides in ur monitor!

Simply contact a hardware mechanic and ask him to open the monitor cover and to check the cable connector in the monitor. Seems the pins in monitor where the cable is connected, are loose...

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
Yeah... It's a HW problem...
Same pinky thing happened to my old CRT few months ago... and it crashed RGB balance in my CRT... and everytime I stsrt it I need to hit it to get the color balance back... it was a moistured & loose AC input port to CRT...

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Neha said:
I even tried slapping on the side of my monitor still no diffrence.

don't do that to ur monitor, it won't make any positive diff

i still recommend that u chk ur monitor cable(not the power cable) . if nothing happens do as vishal suggested.

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
It the problem is also at the time of POST and in BIOS then it is definetly a H/W prob. If it is only in XP it is a driver problem unistall and reinstall it u are done

agnels

Live The Dream!
Due to heating one of the cable connector has become loose inside the monitor cabinet. It's a cable problem. Take your monitor to the service centre. Do not open the monitor yourself if you are not experienced in repairing monitors.

Very high voltages are inside the monitor 26000 Volts. You touch the CRT even when monitor is OFF and you are dead

indian

Broken In
last month i also had the same problem in morning when i start the computer monitor work fine for first 10 minutes and after that background becomes red.
It's not a cable problem.the internal circuit has become dry due to some reason.so contact hardware machenic
in my case machenic charged Rs. 100 only. :D

OP
N

Neha.N

Vishal Gupta said:
Its a hardware problem and the problem resides in ur monitor!

Simply contact a hardware mechanic and ask him to open the monitor cover and to check the cable connector in the monitor. Seems the pins in monitor where the cable is connected, are loose...

Just called up an authorised personel today. He will be here within this week.

tarey_g said:
i still recommend that u chk ur monitor cable(not the power cable) .

I did try again, I meddled with the monitor cable for some time. After that I stopped , I don't want my monitor to be damaged furthermore.

nishant_nms said:
It the problem is also at the time of POST and in BIOS then it is definetly a H/W prob. If it is only in XP it is a driver problem unistall and reinstall it u are done

Yeah, even when the computer boots up my screen is pinkish. So it is confirmed it is a H/W issue not a driver problem.

indian said:
last month i also had the same problem in morning when i start the computer monitor work fine for first 10 minutes and after that background becomes red.
It's not a cable problem.the internal circuit has become dry due to some reason.so contact hardware machenic
in my case machenic charged Rs. 100 only. :D

Glad to hear the problem is fixable.

Thanks fellas for your time and all of your suggestions.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
first only i told u its h/w problem and had nothingto do with drivers..... :)
Did u tried getting ur friends or neighbours monitor adn checked out if that works with ur CPU????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom