Monitor and vga problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Hi,
I'm using a P4 based PC. It has a Zebronics 845 motherboard. The motherboard has intel graphics extreme. I changed the screen colors to high and from then the monitor goes off when its boots into xp. The refresh rate of the high color, i selected is more than supported by my monitor. Now i can't revert back to normal colors.. In safe-mode i can only disable the vga drivers. Re-installing vga drivers ain't helping either. Anyone know a way to revert back to default?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Me too faced the same prblm once....!!

Boot into safe mode...go to run>type msconfig>press enter.

From the startup's tab disable loading of VGA driver.

After tat boot into normal mode and go to control panel. U'll find Intels VGA thr. Open it and revert it...!!

OP
Sumeet_naik

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Its similar to what I tried.. The intel vga in control panel wouldn't open in both safe mode and normal. So i can't revert back.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Can't you uninstall (not just disable) your Intel display drivers from Add/Remove Programs in Safe Mode?

I work with Intel systems only very occasionally, so I can't say exactly how you should go about it. But I'd expect that it wouldn't really be that much different from AMD systems.

If you can uninstall the driver in Safe Mode, you can then boot into normal mode and reinstall the display driver.

rose tamang

Broken In
It's better to boot your computer with Bootable WIN xp CD and at the set up screen just press F3 to repair the existing OS.
This may solve the problem!!

The same problem I faced in the computer institute when one of my student played with the display settings.

Rose

OP
Sumeet_naik

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
As I already mentioned uninstalling and re-installing didn't help.. I wanted to know if there anyone knew where Intel stored the values or someway by which I could bring it back to default..

No toshiba isn't there or my PC.

Repairing isn't gonna work i guess formatting is only option..
Thanks for the help everyone..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom