Moderate Gaming PC - URGENT Config Help

shayem

In the zone
APC 650VA is good choice too...as you just want "steady power supply". And with this you will get enough time to Shutdown your PC if needed. And it's within 2k range.

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
you have to go for at least 800VA...otherwise you would be cursing yourself
numeric 800VA @ 2.5k
may be microtek/luminous one costs less

shayem

In the zone
Always go for CM Elite430 if you get it....or you can go for Zebronics Antibiotic or Reaper. Price < 2.5K for Reaper don't know about Antibiotic.

OP
S

sirramzy

Broken In
Thanks for ALL the suggestions.

So the quote that i have listed above, does that look reasonable or am i being overcharged ?

casual_gamer

In the zone
are the prices mentioned by gamefreak inclusive or exclusive of 5% tax? the prices mentioned on deltapage.com does not mention any tax, most of the time the prices are taken from that site.
i think sriramzy's price includes tax, am i right?

OP
S

sirramzy

Broken In
Hi Casual_gamer.

My prices are not inclusive of tax, since the quotation i have mentions Taxes extra.

I'd be interested to know if Game Freak's costing is inclusive of taxes.

anyone know the status quo in prices of the above listed components ?

*PS* i have never been to Nehru Place before, so i'd be comfortable if i knew a price i had to negotiate to.

you have to go for at least 800VA...otherwise you would be cursing yourself
numeric 800VA @ 2.5k
may be microtek/luminous one costs less

Another silly question perhaps, but do i even HAVE to upgrade my current APC 500 ?.. the only reason i'm looking to change it is because i only get like a 2 minute backup in this

I mean, does the UPS in any way affect my CPU performance ?

i live in apartment with a permanent power-backup, but the UPS kind of goes off.. for 20 seconds before turning back on.... which is already long enough for me to shut everything down.

can i continue using my APC 500 ?

Last chance for me to get some inputs... Im prolly gonna be scanning the shops of Nehru Place in the next 2 hours....

Pls help...

game-freak

In the zone
Hi All,

I had a quote received against the components enquired as suggested, and below is the cost.. can you please ratify and let me know if there is room for negotiations ?

Component Name Cost
Proccy Intel Core i5 2500 11200
Mobo Intel DH67BL 5800
Memory Corsair 4GB DDR3 RAM 2800
GPU msi GTX 560ti twin frozr 14200
Cabinet ??
PSU Corsair Vx550 4900
UPS ??

Also, CM Elite 430 was not available, is there an alternate ? i was told NZXT GAMMA is also very good and reasonably priced.

I would also appreciate if you can suggest a GOOD UPS... which is not very expensive.

I'm looking to close the deal tomorrow.

from which store did u get this quotation its overprices ask smc international for the quotation u can check the price of components on their website
here is the link CLICK HERE

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Hi All,

I had a quote received against the components enquired as suggested, and below is the cost.. can you please ratify and let me know if there is room for negotiations ?

Component Name Cost
Proccy Intel Core i5 2500 11200
Mobo Intel DH67BL 5800
Memory Corsair 4GB DDR3 RAM 2800
GPU msi GTX 560ti twin frozr 14200
Cabinet ??
PSU Corsair Vx550 4900
UPS ??

Also, CM Elite 430 was not available, is there an alternate ? i was told NZXT GAMMA is also very good and reasonably priced.

I would also appreciate if you can suggest a GOOD UPS... which is not very expensive.

I'm looking to close the deal tomorrow.

Except maybe the GTX 560 and PSU all other components are overpriced

NZXT Gamma is good...for UPS,u may try the APC 650VA...

OP
S

sirramzy

Broken In
I'd like to THANK everyone who contributed to this thread, in helping me shortlist the components for the upgrade.

Its a busy place that SMC international... and I tried driving a hard bargain,

I'm pleased to say i have purchased the below configuration from Nehru Place:

Intel i5 2500 + Intel DH67BL - Rs. 16500

Gskillz 4GB 1600 DDR3 RAM - Rs. 2260

CM Elite 430 - Rs. 2550

MSI 560GTX - Ti Twin FrozR -II (OC) - Rs. 14000

Seasonic SS620 F3 - Rs. 4770

APC 650V - Rs. 2880

came home and installed BioShock 2 and dragged every possible setting to the farthest right - Maximum..... and ran the game...

my new rig sort of yawned and said... "is this the best you got ?"... :grin:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
I'd like to THANK everyone who contributed to this thread, in helping me shortlist the components for the upgrade.

Its a busy place that SMC international... and I tried driving a hard bargain,

I'm pleased to say i have purchased the below configuration from Nehru Place:

Intel i5 2500 + Intel DH67BL - Rs. 16500

Gskillz 4GB 1600 DDR3 RAM - Rs. 2260

CM Elite 430 - Rs. 2550

MSI 560GTX - Ti Twin FrozR -II (OC) - Rs. 14000

Seasonic SS620 F3 - Rs. 4770

APC 650V - Rs. 2880

came home and installed BioShock 2 and dragged every possible setting to the farthest right - Maximum..... and ran the game...

my new rig sort of yawned and said... "is this the best you got ?"... :grin:

Congos for the purchase!!!! Enjoy ur new rig!!!

Please post a few pics of ur rig for our enjoyment too(after all the hard work we did ;) )

OP
S

sirramzy

Broken In
Sorry, the images are not clear at all... but these were from my cell phone.

I'll take some good shots later...

by the way, is there a good application to monitor temperatures etc.... Intel Desktop Utilities would'nt on my rig work for some reason..

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Sorry, the images are not clear at all... but these were from my cell phone.

I'll take some good shots later...

by the way, is there a good application to monitor temperatures etc.... Intel Desktop Utilities would'nt on my rig work for some reason..

Well,nice rig :D

U can use Openhardware monitor, Cpuid HwMonitor, Speedfan to monitor systemwise temps....also realtemp v3.67 and coretemp are handy tools...

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Nice pics.

use the software in the links I have given-
Open Hardware Monitor | CPU Temperature, Fan Speed and Voltages in a Free Software Gadget
Real Temp - CPU temperature monitoring

casual_gamer

In the zone
doesn't the blue light which comes from the front side of cabinet distract you during night times when you watch a movie with lights switched off?

OP
S

sirramzy

Broken In
DEVASTATED !!! :-(

suddenly out of the blue....yesterday my Intel Motherboard seems to have burned something, i switched on the CPU and i smell something burning..... and my CPU just blinked (the front lights came up for 3 seconds), and then it went down... prima-facie inspection from my engineer brother has revealed there was a blackish mark on the motherboard (his inference - a burned 'resisitance')

SMC INLT. has asked me to bring the cpu back for thorough inspection on monday

what options do i have ?? Will Intel now replace my Board free of cost, since its only two months old ? should i look at 'repair' as an option ??

what is the nearest competent alternate to Intel DH67BL in ASUS or GIGABYTE or MSI....

I'm sooo very devastated :-x

OP
S

sirramzy

Broken In
Hi Skud,

i'm using Seasonic SS620 F3 which costed me around Rs. 4500/-

Kick me when i'm down !.... Intel apparently does not replace motherboard if a component burns.... terming it as 'external damage'... as per the vendor.

@#$!%

OP
S

sirramzy

Broken In
anyone wanna throw in their TWO cents on what might have gone wrong ? i feel like my hard earned money went to waste...

i thought i did due diligence with inputs from everyone before i bought the below rig..

is it to do with my config ? ... huh ?

Intel i5 2500 + Intel DH67BL

Gskillz 4GB 1600 DDR3 RAM

CM Elite 430

MSI 560GTX - Ti Twin FrozR -II (OC)

Seasonic SS620 F3

APC 650V

can someone please recommend a competent motherboard (anything but intel) which is at par if not better than DH67BL.. i can spend Rs. 6K more...

Please.... need your help again... :-?

Top Bottom