Modem problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pramod_kk

Broken In
I have a dialup internet connection.(Windows XP prof.- 1.8 gz - 512MB RAM system ) Since the last 4/5 days I am not able to connect to internet.When I try to connect it says "modem is not found or busy".When I try to uninstall the modem it says "Windows could not load the installer for modem.Please contact your hardware vendor."I removed the modem and connected it to another pci slot.It says that "Found new hardware - Simple communication controller."Again it could not be installed and said "Windows could not load the installer for modem."Also when I try to open "phone and modem option" in control panel nothing happens.

What could be the problem? Has my modem gone out of order? Or my operating has become corrupted?How can I solve the problem? Can I reinstall the "phone and modem option" without reinstalling the whole operating system? Thanks in advance.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
just go to device manager by right clicking on my computer to select properties.
choose ur modem again right & select properties.this will display properties of ur modem.now go to diagnotitcs tab & click QUERY MODEM.if it shows hardware failure or some thing like that then i fear that u have a get it reparied or even replaced.in this test all seems right from this test.from ur modem properties uninstall driver.now reboot the computer.try to install latest divers again

regards,
gary

nithinks

True Techie
Have u installed drivers properly!? if so,try re-installing the drivers again.
if all of these are done,and if still the problem persists, then 90% im sure that
ur modem has failed.

mediator

Technomancer
Looks like the "new" malware. Look into ur "windows" directory or "windows\system" or "windows\system32" directory. If there's a exe file named "uninstall...New.exe" or "uninstall...NET.exe" click it and uninstall it.
I cant remember the the exact filename so check urself carefully for the filename. The file has blue icon on it and if rember correctly its circular.

Neway u can use antispyware to detect that....but if u detect it dont erase it...instead uninstall it.

OP
P

pramod_kk

Broken In
Thanks for quick responses.I am still not able to solve my problem.I repeat ,I had removed the modem and connected it to another pci slot.It says that "Found new hardware - Simple communication controller."Again it could not be installed and said "Windows could not load the installer for modem."Also when I try to open "phone and modem option" in control panel nothing happens.
There is an yellow question mark next to "Simple communication controller" under modem tab and when I try to install it,it says "Windows could not load the installer for modem."Please help.

For "mediator" :I did not find "uninstall...New.exe" or "uninstall...NET.exe" in windows system 32 folder.Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom