Modem dont work

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniper

Broken In
Hey my modem is not able to dial.
When i start dialing it is supposed to do "put-put-put" and keep doin it, but now the dialtone again comming up as soon as i dial A number. Im sure some thing is wrong with the modem.

I plugged my phone to the modems second line, and i was having the same trouble. i keep pressing numbers, and the phone does its "put-put-put" but the dialtone is always there and wont dial.

theraven

Technomancer
sorry abt that sniper
misunderstood the question
in this case ... temme if ur "wait for dial tone" is enabled or disabled
also temme if u use an EPABX system and need to dial a "0" or something to access ur line ...

aadipa

Padawan
try dialing same number by connecting telephone instrument instead of modem and check if it dials correctly.

OP
S

sniper

Broken In
"connecting telephone instrument instead of modem and check if it dials correctly"----Yes it does. but when i try to use my phone through the modem, i get the same problem. Its a hardware problem, some thing wrong with the modem. have to give it to the mistries. i wanted the know the exact problem.

BTW my telephone is free. Companys private network. So internet is free.

silly_kash

Broken In
the problem is with ur dialtone!!

try switching to pulse mode rather than tone!!

to do this specify dialing rules and in that check pulse.

silly_kash

Broken In
guess what sniper and i have in common??

FREE ISP!!!

even mine is company provided!! the good sweet Indian railways!! lol

madman123

Broken In
it's a problem with the telephone line and u gotta call the telephone people...have same thing...they check the line and get rid of it

busyanuj

In the zone
sniper said:
Hey my modem is not able to dial.
When i start dialing it is supposed to do "put-put-put" and keep doin it, but now the dialtone again comming up as soon as i dial A number. Im sure some thing is wrong with the modem.

I plugged my phone to the modems second line, and i was having the same trouble. i keep pressing numbers, and the phone does its "put-put-put" but the dialtone is always there and wont dial.

I think you happened to change the Pulse Dialing to Tone Dialing.

if you're using Win XP, click on your internet connection, then click on Dialing Rules, when the window opens click on "Edit" and change the Tone dialing to Pulse dialing.

that should bring back the "put-put-put" that you used to hear.

see if this works.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I think you happened to change the Pulse Dialing to Tone Dialing.
Exactly. I was about to post this when I saw this last post. Change this setting and try it out again.

OP
S

sniper

Broken In
Oh brothers, please pardon me. been studying these days.

Its some hardware problem. for sure.

Bye all. will be back after 8 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom