Modem and Router help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech_lover

Journeyman
Hi friends,

My cousin bro came and fiddled with the modem (smartx 882) and router. He disabled the dhcp server option from both the config settings. Now when I an trying to open 192.168.1.1 it is not even responding, nothing is opening. Any idea why this is happening or how do I access the devices?

Thanks

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hmm...

Well I am just guessing that it may work, do one thing...

THere will be a small hole at the back of the Router, use a Pin and just press the lever wich is inside the hole at the back of the router(for 7-8 seconds) just as u wud do wen manually ejecting the CD Tray wen it gets stuck.

THis will reset the Router settings, and all the lights except POWER light led will go OFF and then wen u remove the PIN, the LEDs will start glowing one after the other one-by-one indicating the Router is being resetted to its previous s/ware state..

Try it and post ur result, I gave u this tip coz (as u said) u are not able to open 192.168.1.1 so this is ur only way AFAIK.. :)

Cheers n e-peace...

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Hi friends,

My cousin bro came and fiddled with the modem (smartx 882) and router. He disabled the dhcp server option from both the config settings. Now when I an trying to open 192.168.1.1 it is not even responding, nothing is opening. Any idea why this is happening or how do I access the devices?

Thanks
start -->> control panel -->> Network connections -->> Right click "Local Area connection " -->> Properties -->> TCP/ IP -->> Properties

Here your LAN card must have set to :
Obtain an IP automatically.
And DNS server address automatically.

Now, here you need to enter exact IP and DNS address provided by your ISP.

After doing that, you will be able to do all things.

Hmm...

THere will be a small hole at the back of the Router, use a Pin and just press the lever wich is inside the hole at the back of the router(for 7-8 seconds) just as u wud do wen manually ejecting the CD Tray wen it gets stuck.

THis will reset the Router settings, and all the lights except POWER light led will go OFF and then wen u remove the PIN, the LEDs will start glowing one after the other one-by-one indicating the Router is being resetted to its previous s/ware state..

Try it and post ur result, I gave u this tip coz (as u said) u are not able to open 192.168.1.1 so this is ur only way AFAIK.. :)

Cheers n e-peace...
This will not help..because it will just set the modem to factory default.... and generally in factory default DHCH is disable.

Last edited:
OP
T

tech_lover

Journeyman
Hmm...

Cheers n e-peace...

No, still I cannot access. :(

start -->> control panel -->> Network connections -->> Right click "Local Area connection " -->> Properties -->> TCP/ IP -->> Properties

Here your LAN card must have set to :
Obtain an IP automatically.
And DNS server address automatically.

Now, here you need to enter exact IP and DNS address provided by your ISP.

After doing that, you will be able to do all things.

BSNL never gave me any IP and DNS!

Last edited:
OP
T

tech_lover

Journeyman
Any help on how to go about the linksys router?

Your IP will be:

DNS address should be provided from BSNL.
Till that you can use open DNS.

Thank you. The modem can be accessed, Will try the router now. I really thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Last edited:
OP
T

tech_lover

Journeyman
What is default IP of linksys router. It will be written in manual.

No need of thanks dear........ :)

The default is 192.168.1.1 My bro changed it to 195.155.1.5
Even the installation wizard says that it cannot detect the router. All LEDs aare blinking fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom