MoBo for RMA?

monkey

Padawan
I just bought Gigabyte 970A-DS3 mobo and OCZ Agility 3 SSD (Rest of the config remains same as my signature). After assembling and using the system for a couple of days the system would randomly reboot. I checked every connection and monitored the temperature but everything was fine. The system would still reboot randomly (but only sometimes).

Today the same thing happened but then the system never recovered. The system and CPU fans were spinning but there was no display on the monitor. Even the mouse and onboard LAN never got any activity (although the GPU's light remained ON). I couldn't restart the system using Alt+Ctrl+del key and had to use the Reset button on the cabinet. But the problem remained.

Does this mean that my MoBo has gone or could there be any other problem?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. Remove - remount the ram modules - use a single modules and test all slots or test with some other ram module.
2. Remove and remount the CPU.
3. Try with some other video card or test the video card on friend's pc.
3. Try to start the pc with only the keyboard, working single ram module and video card attached.

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
1. Remove - remount the ram modules - use a single modules and test all slots or test with some other ram module.
2. Remove and remount the CPU.
3. Try with some other video card or test the video card on friend's pc.
3. Try to start the pc with only the keyboard, working single ram module and video card attached.

I did all that but to no avail.
What I observed is that I had removed both the RAM sticks but even then the MoBo system started just like before. There was no audio beep which, generally, indicates, that there might be something wrong with the system. Whatever hardware change I do to the MoBo it just starts with all the fans spinning but absolutely no activity (video or audio).

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
I rechecked all the wiring again and found that the processor power cable was loose. I re-joined it tightly and my system is running fine. Thanks for your valuable time.

Anyhow, my processor is idling at 40C and going upto 65C under load. I think I need to reapply TIM properly. :-(

Top Bottom