1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Mobile screen broken - no display - how to retrieve data

Discussion in 'Mobiles and Tablets' started by BhargavJ, Jun 1, 2015.

1. BhargavJ

BhargavJ Member

Sorry if this question has been asked earlier. I did do a search on the forum but couldn't find anything, so:

The phone is a Gionee E3. The display doesn't work - nothing on the screen. I've tried many shops, but to no avail. The mobile itself is in working condition; the shop-walas all confirm this. When I connect the E3 to my laptop, Windows detects it, but nothing happens after this.

If explorer displayed the contents of the phone, I would copy the data, but the phone doesn't show up in My Computer at all. Maybe the setting for the USB connection is USB Charge, and not USB Storage; I don't know... And with no display, I can't even change this.

The phone numbers are all stored in the phone, and the Google backup options is also not selected. Any way to get the data and the phone numbers out of the phone? I did do a Google search before, but I couldn't make sense of most of it. If there are people who have faced a similar problem and have found a workaround, please do comment.

:)

2. ankitj1611

ankitj1611 Member

Try with software Wondershare mobile go..if it detects than all backup can be performed

3. OP
    OP
    BhargavJ

BhargavJ Member

Already tried that, but of no use. Thanks for the reply.

4. mitraark

mitraark Chakor

I faced a similar situation when I broke the screen of my LG L9, no display at all, but the touch was working, but fortunately for me my phone was detected as USB Storage.

I needed to backup my SMSs, what I did was keep taking screenshots, look at it from PC, and touch on screen.. I had taken around 250 screenshots, to install SMS Backup+, set to my GMail account, and start backup.

5. devanshi

devanshi New Member

hey! i am facing the same problem right now. my old phone was gionee s5.1. the screen is now broken and it does work but the touch is not working and screen also does not lit up. the power key is working. When connected to laptop it is read bbut i cant work on it coz usb debug is not possible as touch does not work. our problem is same.

did u find a solution to it? if yes then pls pls let me know.

6. amit.tiger12

amit.tiger12 Guest

whats condition of you device???
    pattern locked?? if yes then it will not be detected by PC, you need to unlock pattern for that.
    usb debugging enabled?? if yes then try software for pc but they will find deleted files only. I am not sure about copying "not deleted" files to pc.
    adb setup created or rooted?? if you can access through adb try to pull files manually using adb. take help from xda. if rooted then there are software for pc to access your device pc suit likey.

I found many on xda..
    [Tool][Windows] Control a device with a brok… | Android Development and Hacking

you will find alot on xda..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2016
  7. Shehab

Shehab New Member

If you just need to get back the exist data on your broken phone, you can try android broken extractor tool, if you need to recover deleted files from broken device, then it will be more complex.

8. Johnk Wilson

Johnk Wilson New Member

Want to recover lost data on broken Android smart phone? You have come to the right place. When your Android phone is broken or dead, in most cases, you can't perform your mobile phone normally, access and transfer Android data to computer for backup with the common way - AutoPlay or USB connection.

Broken Android Data Extraction, which has been commonly considered as the most effective tool to restore deleted files from dead Android device. In fact, you can work it to recover lost Android data under various circumstances. No matter you get Android mobile phone broken, dead or infected by the virus, this program can be always useful.