mobile required for video call/chat

masterkd

Padawan
Before filling the questionnaire template I think I should mention the actual usage of the phone:
apart from usual calling and texting, my dad will be using this phone to have (#warning: noob alert) video chat/call with me through 3G/ skype..I will be using my Galaxy Note..none of us have any experience in video chatting and calling..please enlighten me in this area!!

1. Budget?
10k max
may increase to fulfill the requirement

2. Display type and size?
3.2"-3.5" around is good enough I think
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
bar
4. Preferred choice of brand?
Samsung, HTC (others as well if fulfills requirement
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
This one is important..and I am not sure about this..please suggest according to the requirement
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
whatever fulfills the requirement but like to stay away from WP because of no file transfer via Bluetooth..android is preferable cause I'm android dev :mrgreen: and a big no to Symbian
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
3G,Wifi
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
whatever comes with the phone..other than the aforementioned requirement these doesn't matter that much
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
already mentioned
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
not yet
12. Any other info that you want to share
need to buy the phone before 26th April

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
Didn't like these phones after going through reviews
Thinking of increasing the budget and get omnia w
can i do video calls from galaxy note with omnia w??
moreover which is cheaper- normal video calls or through skype??

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
Apparantly dad's not ok with WP..Thinking to get SE LWW..or is there anything better in the same price??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Neo V is slowly having its price cut. already available for around 15.5k i guess. why not go for it?

else Live With Walkman. Those you get a small screen but easily within your budget.

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
update: purchase can be postponed 1.5-2weeks
I'm not getting neo v at that price anywhere..lowest I'm getting is around 17k!!

Manickaraj

Broken In
Neo V is slowly having its price cut. already available for around 15.5k i guess. why not go for it?

else Live With Walkman. Those you get a small screen but easily within your budget.

Where is it available for that price? :shock::shock:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i think tradeus + coupon or ebay will bring price to 15.5k. saw a deal @ ebay for 15.5k. not sure what type of warranty it carries.

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
every ebay neo v upto 17k carries sellers/dealers warranty..manufacturer's warranty comes beyond 17.3 k..i can't afford 17k now..let me check tradeus!!
anyway where to get tradeus coupons??

Top Bottom