Mobile radiation causes no health risk: WHO expert

Hrishi

How about the damage from high level of radiation emitted from non-standard devices like Chinese phones , ( Lemon , Lime ,Karbon..and whatnot....) ??

OP
Mr.Kickass

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
Well, my bad. I never bothered to dig this. I had a relative who kept singing all the time to me, "Beta, don't use cell phone closely as they cause damage due to radiation. Try to use hands-free as much as possible. Put it away while sleeping" and I was like, "Really ?"

Until now.

The comments here piqued my curiosity a bit. So I dug some info. I initially refrained from putting my opinion but its not about opinion. Its facts. Then, conclusion based on the same. I think I was in a bit of a hurry to post this and now I've come up with some insights. I initially thought that radiation was harmful and that cell towers are no different but I guess a lot of conditioning over the years had me believe that :oops:, naively assuming that understanding of cancer(and medicine) is beyond my grasp

So here is what I gathered under 2 minutes of Googling, and I see how (fortunately) cell towers or even our cellphones are not that harmful btw :toast: The waves involved here are RF and here I thought it was modulated and imposed upon other stronger but harmful waves to speed up the data transfer

Bad science on my part, given that I had taken a course in Signals and what not :facepalm:

So here are a reasons why radiations are NOT harmful

First, the energy level of radiofrequency (RF) waves is relatively low, especially when compared with the types of radiation that are known to increase cancer risk, such as gamma rays, x-rays, and ultraviolet (UV) light. The energy of RF waves given off by cell phone towers is not enough to break chemical bonds in DNA molecules, which is how these stronger forms of radiation may lead to cancer.

A second issue has to do with wavelength. RF waves have long wavelengths, which can only be concentrated to about an inch or two in size. This makes it unlikely that the energy from RF waves could be concentrated enough to affect individual cells in the body.

Third, even if RF waves were somehow able to affect cells in the body at higher doses, the level of RF waves present at ground level is very low – well below the recommended limits. Levels of energy from RF waves near cell phone towers are not significantly different from the background levels of RF radiation in urban areas from other sources, such as radio and television broadcast stations.

For these reasons, most scientists agree that cell phone antennas or towers are unlikely to cause cancer.

Source

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Well, my bad. I never bothered to dig this. I had a relative who kept singing all the time to me, "Beta, don't use cell phone closely as they cause damage due to radiation. Try to use hands-free as much as possible. Put it away while sleeping" and I was like, "Really ?"

Until now.

The comments here piqued my curiosity a bit. So I dug some info. I initially refrained from putting my opinion but its not about opinion. Its facts. Then, conclusion based on the same. I think I was in a bit of a hurry to post this and now I've come up with some insights. I initially thought that radiation was harmful and that cell towers are no different but I guess a lot of conditioning over the years had me believe that :oops:, naively assuming that understanding of cancer(and medicine) is beyond my grasp

So here is what I gathered under 2 minutes of Googling, and I see how (fortunately) cell towers or even our cellphones are not that harmful btw :toast: The waves involved here are RF and here I thought it was modulated and imposed upon other stronger but harmful waves to speed up the data transfer

Bad science on my part, given that I had taken a course in Signals and what not :facepalm:

So here are a reasons why radiations are NOT harmful

First, the energy level of radiofrequency (RF) waves is relatively low, especially when compared with the types of radiation that are known to increase cancer risk, such as gamma rays, x-rays, and ultraviolet (UV) light. The energy of RF waves given off by cell phone towers is not enough to break chemical bonds in DNA molecules, which is how these stronger forms of radiation may lead to cancer.

A second issue has to do with wavelength. RF waves have long wavelengths, which can only be concentrated to about an inch or two in size. This makes it unlikely that the energy from RF waves could be concentrated enough to affect individual cells in the body.

Third, even if RF waves were somehow able to affect cells in the body at higher doses, the level of RF waves present at ground level is very low – well below the recommended limits. Levels of energy from RF waves near cell phone towers are not significantly different from the background levels of RF radiation in urban areas from other sources, such as radio and television broadcast stations.

For these reasons, most scientists agree that cell phone antennas or towers are unlikely to cause cancer.

Source

It really pisses me off when I hear people say "radiation" = bad. Idiots don't know science and then they spew horseshit. Daylight is radiation...GG you noobs.

Good thing you posted something with a source here to clear the matter. These facts were always obvious to me, but I couldn't bring myself to check sources when I knew the science behind my reasoning was strong.

Cellphone/Mobile phone towers causes a great deal of damage to Plants and animals(particularly birds) according to scientific surveys and research.
Humans are not different and so not behind the damage scenario.

Source:
Cell Tower Radiation - emfblues.com

Radiation from cell phone towers linked to over 7,000 cancer deaths - National Healthy Living | Examiner.com

www.ee.iitb.ac.in/~mwave/GK-cell-tower-rad-report-DOT-Dec2010.pdf‎

Hope these are also reliable facts to the supporters of WHO news.

Source 1: EMF blues :lol:...'nuff said.

Source 2: From the Examiner's source #2 - the conclusion:

Timothy J. Moynihan said:
The bottom line? For now, no one knows if cellphones are capable of causing cancer. Although long-term studies are ongoing, to date there's no convincing evidence that cellphone use increases the risk of cancer. If you're concerned about the possible link between cellphones and cancer, consider limiting your use of cellphones — or use a speaker or hands-free device that places the cellphone antenna, which is typically in the cellphone itself, away from your head.

I checked Natural News's sources:

www.getmefacts.info - :lol:
www.hellcom.co.za - the site is a front for www.bizcommunity.com :lol:
www.cell-out.org - the domain is for sale :|
www.whyfry.org - Bad usage of the study. The emission standards were (or are) not followed properly in Brazil.
*cdn.bizcommunity.com - Link doesn't work :|
*www.magdahavas.com - From the video his website links to, they say they found limited evidence. They did not say "it does". There was no definitive "yes".

Source 3: The website says "object not found". :|

You need to work on your academic reading. Your sources do not have any or much credibility, especially if they are unverifiable.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
How about the damage from high level of radiation emitted from non-standard devices like Chinese phones , ( Lemon , Lime ,Karbon..and whatnot....) ??
Always high damage, Rishi no sceptical about that.

It really pisses me off when I hear people say "radiation" = bad. Idiots don't know science and then they spew horseshit. Daylight is radiation...GG you noobs.

Good thing you posted something with a source here to clear the matter. These facts were always obvious to me, but I couldn't bring myself to check sources when I knew the science behind my reasoning was strong.

Source 1: EMF blues :lol:...'nuff said.

Source 2: From the Examiner's source #2 - the conclusion:

I checked Natural News's sources:

www.getmefacts.info - :lol:
•••*Hellkom.co.za - Telkom ADSL Prices, Uncapped ADSL, ISP Prices, Cell phone specials, Vodacom Specials, MTN Specials, Latest cell phones and more - the site is a front for Marketing and Media in South Africa :lol:
cell-out.org - the domain is for sale :|
Why Fry? | Cell phone, Tower, EMF Radiation and SmartMeter Health Information by and for Humans - Bad usage of the study. The emission standards were (or are) not followed properly in Brazil.
*cdn.bizcommunity.com - Link doesn't work :|
Dr. Magda Havas, PhD - From the video his website links to, they say they found limited evidence. They did not say "it does". There was no definitive "yes".

Source 3: The website says "object not found". :|

You need to work on your academic reading. Your sources do not have any or much credibility, especially if they are unverifiable.
My bad,as it is in the form of a pdf .

Top Bottom