mobile phone for visually impaired ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

outlaw

De@d
a friend of mine's visually impaired , is there a phone that says what key is pressed ?? for eg ... like saying the numbers out loud while dialling .. or what menu button is pressed .. ???

i used to have a moto rokr touch that had the feature and it used to tell what key was pressed ... but using touch screen is not an option for my friend ...

is there a phone that's got these features ???

nix

i think what you can do is buy a normal phone and download an application that will help the visually impaired. there must be an application like that.

Tamoghno

Padawan
dont really know of any phone but E63 (or most symbian phone) have very Good Text to speech capability . You can Call numbers and dial and run most applications with only voice prompts . It Can also read aloud text messages and email . Plus there are few Apps i see ad for in Ovi Store that does Text to speech for messaging so you can send message without actually touching phone .

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

dont really know of any phone but E63 (or most symbian phone) have very Good Text to speech capability . You can Call numbers and dial and run most applications with only voice prompts . It Can also read aloud text messages and email . Plus there are few Apps i see ad for in Ovi Store that does Text to speech for messaging so you can send message without actually touching phone .

ANURAG SHARMA

Journeyman
I have seen a spice phone which speaks no. on dailing........but couldn't remember model. or have try on some china ones....I have seen lot of them in budget too..Or as all said get a symbian phone and install app for text to speech....

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
If I remember correctly Spice or Motorola launched a phone in mobile world congress some years back with no display and only voice guided navigation and calling........... Spice or motorola hmmmmmmmmm Let me check it now

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

yep got it ,Spice it seems
*3.ly/7Fj2

and this looks interesting too for symbian Platform

*3.ly/WAk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom