Mobile for my girlfriend .. 18-20k

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey guys .. well no i am not buying my gf a mobile :d .. she is buying it herself .. i would rather buy a gpu instead :lol: ..anyways coming to the topic .. she is looking for a phone and her criteria is as follows :

:arrow: Budget strictly 18-20k

:arrow: Integrated camera a must and not any stupid VGA camera please.

:arrow: No clamshell phones.

:arrow: Nokia Nokia and only Nokia.

I am thinking of the Nokia N70 .. what do u people suggest ??

sandeepthapa31

Broken In
Dude,

Why are u soo phony about d Nokia sokia. SE kyon try nahin karte bhai, seen 750i or W800i, she will do lot of things with it boss. :twisted: :twisted:

OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
yaar she needs a NOKIA .. she doesnt want to go for any other brand. will suggest SE to her but i know she wont buy it.

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
With due respects, its always tough to advise gals on matters related to technology. All the best Mohit. :twisted:

OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
zombie said:
With due respects, its always tough to advise gals on matters related to technology. All the best Mohit. :twisted:

i know man .. thats why seeking help .. she is already very irritated with this forum thing and if i dont make her get a decent mobile she will have even stronger opinions that this forum is good for nothing.

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
N70 would be the choice for the given price
but smart phones are not the ones for girls
try the L'amour collections from nokia
7370 and 7360 i guess
but yaar..dont get girls symbian phones..it is waste of money..

sandeepthapa31

Broken In
Dude,

Than try out these models 7370 or 7360, it girly and some what artistic type. She is gonna give you good "CH......MMA", provided she gets the same from your pocket. Dont go for slide one....the candy bar one is good......wht da ya sa ma :lol: :wink:

OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
okie guys ... she has decided to choose between N70 and W800i .. she ll take a demo of both and if she is comfy with the menu n stuff of W800i .. she will go for it. else N70.

7360 - Camera is only VGA and so not considering
7370 - Slider phone so not considering.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Captain Crime said:
its always hard to tell gals tht SE is v.good
It's difficult to convince even most guys about the fact even though it's staring them in the face. LOL!
Anyway, your girlfriend is lucky she decided to try the W800i out. There is simply no reason why she would want not want to buy it once she tries it out. Show her the phone's slick and fast interface, the camera pics...

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
...and if she's still apprehensive about it, just plug in the earphones (in HER ear) and let her have a taste of the sound quality. To seal the deal, just explain her what the bundled 512 MB stick is capable of! If she still wants to buy a NOKIA... man, I sure do pity her and wish her luck! I can suggest better ways to waste 20,000 bucks though! :)

tuxfan

Technomancer
Tell her to take SE W800i. From her perspective, it has almost everything that N70 has and its cheaper, smaller and has more memory :)

I am using N70 and its fantastic. But for females, a smaller handset looks better ;) Even I was considering W800, but the orange colour :shock: was a biiiig problem.

sandeepthapa31

Broken In
Dude I told you get her one W800i, she gonna love it. :lol: :lol: or else get her her L'more, it may cost you a bit but she gonna adore you buddy. But be careful, some one may give her some other model later......just kiddin.
GO FOR W800I man.....ITS WORTH IT.......

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
mohit said:
:

:arrow: Integrated camera a must and not any stupid VGA camera please.

The other cameras on all phones currently available won't be too better than the 'stupid' VGA camera that you mentioned.

If you want a camera, go in for a proper digital/film camera.

OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
cmon dude ... there is a lot of difference in quality of pics clicked between a vga camera and a 1.3 / 2.0 megapixel camera .. have seen mobile pics and the extra resolution helps a lot.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Some people just comment on subjects without having any substantial knowledge about it! Have you seen any picture taken from a W800i, mail2and? I bet you haven't! Just open your eyes a bit wider - they are available all over the net. Have a look at them. You will be changing your opinion before you can spell the word 'camera'. LOL!

aadipa

Padawan
I have W800i so I know what pictures from W800i means. Yes it is the best camera phono of today.

But still you cannot compare it with pictures taken with good DigiCams.

1. No phone cam of today, have Optical Zoom, the digital zoom is not that useful in low light conditions.
2. The controls you will get with digicam will give much better results than best of integrated camera.

W800i/K750i atleast try to give simillar controls as in Sony Digicams but they lack many things.

So if photography is what you are serious about, then don't look for camera phone. As of casual clicking, this is best phone of today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom