Mobile for Mom. Budget Rs. 10 K

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes. things take time and should not be rushed. but on the other hand. my dad has asked for a iPad with cellular and that has me worried on how to convince him to go for android :p.
iPad is better than each and every Android tablet out there.

Infact I feel no Android phones and tablets are worth considering if they don't offer stock Android.

ajayritik

Technomancer

Infact I feel no Android phones and tablets are worth considering if they don't offer stock Android.
[MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION] pardon my ignorance. What does stock android refer to?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

yep totally agreed!
stock android is the only android i prefer,all others come with a series of issues
exceptions include the partially modded stock android UI by Moto , LG

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION] pardon my ignorance. What does stock android refer to?

in addition to ico's reply to this,a few roms such as carbon,Cyanogenmod also offer a stock android like experience etc but nothing comes close to stock android after all the software and hardware are optimised for each other by the OEM and Google themselves

ajayritik

Technomancer
Also adding to the points given by ico on ipad. I haven't used any of the android tabs in the past couple of years. But I should admit that my 3 year old daughter really operates it pretty smooth. And whatever I used it for I had no absolute issues except for some random heating problem.

nighthawkx

Broken In

IPad is definitely very good. Butter smooth . The transition animations of Ios is best seen in an iPad imho .

When it comes to android I find Samsung galaxy tab to be good. Though it has touchwiz, it's smooth -contrary to what is observed on galaxy phones.

It isn't as smooth as an IPad , but better than nexus 7 with stock android

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
i dont quite agree,touchwiz is nowhere close to the stock android experience on a nexus 7
infact my nexus 7 is the only android ive seen come close to the performance by my ipads,my galaxy tab 2 and my 2 lenovo tabs lie unused in my house because they are slow and laggy compared to my ipads and nexus 7

nighthawkx

Broken In
i dont quite agree,touchwiz is nowhere close to the stock android experience on a nexus 7
infact my nexus 7 is the only android ive seen come close to the performance by my ipads,my galaxy tab 2 and my 2 lenovo tabs lie unused in my house because they are slow and laggy compared to my ipads and nexus 7
I can't comment authoritatively on nexus 7 because I don't own one and haven't tested it's performance. My experience with n7 is my friends second gen nexus which I used for movies on a trip.

The Ui is not all fluidity and smoothness I can tell.
But If it was pure performance you considered, there is nvidia Shield tablet

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
nexus is the smoothest android experience and so is nvidia shield but touchwiz is nowhere close

nighthawkx

Broken In
nexus is the smoothest android experience and so is nvidia shield but touchwiz is nowhere close
Well, we agree to disagree.

But as I have experienced, there is some lag in UI. The bloated touchwiz however seemed good.
The lag might probably be because of the default animations scale at 1.0x, which I'm used to keeping at less than .5

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nexus 7 2012 i.e. the first gen had a NAND chip whose performance used to degrade after a year or so. That's why slow performance on them.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
[MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION] please lock the thread. Will be deciding on the mobile next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom