Mobile for Mom. Budget Rs. 10 K

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hi,
I want to get my mother a new phone, she is using a old Nokia phone. She can use an android tablet without much problem so I guess she will be able to handle a Android phone too. I am not sure about Windows Phone.

She makes a lot of phone calls, and takes occasional photograph. She also spends lot of time playing games on tablet like bubble shooter etc etc :mrgreen:

So the requirement would be, Good Battery, nice screen, Good camera. Please suggest phone under 10K Only.

Will be buying in First week of June.

1. Budget?
A. [strike]10K (MAX)[/strike] reducing budget to 7K Max, as I see many cheaper phones

2. Display type and size?
A. 4" +

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
A. Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand?
A. Reputed Brand, good After Sales Service

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
A. Touch

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
A. Good camera for occasional snaps. Flash not necessary.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A. Android/Windows Phone

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
A. 3G/Wifi.

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
A. Nothing Specific, GPS would be great.

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
A. Phone Calls, Few Games (not heavy ones)

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
A. Moto E currently, but I want to look at all alternates before buying.

12. Any other info that you want to share.
A. Longer Battery Life

Last edited:

sushovan

In the zone
Moto E has an absolutely horrible camera. The other choice is Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 which has a relatively good camera but offers strictly average battery life, your mom may find the TouchWiz UI easier compared to naked Android UI in Moto E.

in Windows options, Nokia 525 is quite good but its battery life is more pathetic than S Duos 2.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Thanks [MENTION=128761]sushovan[/MENTION]

I also read that Moto E camera is really bad, will check others available phones, will check out the other models you have suggested.

ankush28

Bazinga
If you don't need good camera than nothing beats Moto E. I disagree with statement that TouchWiz UI is easier than stock Android. Lumia 525 is only good option I'd recommend.

ashs1

Padawan
If Windows is not a problem, Lumia 525 is a good option. Hardware-wise its very decent & the camera is very good for a 5MP.
MotoE has gr8 specs, but horrible camera.
Lava Iris406Q is also another option.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Any suggestions from LG,Lenovo & Panasonic?

This model looks good and under my budget.
*www.flipkart.com/panasonic-p31/p/i...=b_6&ref=12f239ee-9a95-4fcd-9222-f285adccaef5

Last edited:

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Check out those LG phones with Kitkat,Whatever happens avoid samsung crap.
Moto E would be the best bet

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Moto E if camera is not important else increase your budget by 2k get her a Moto G.
No I want to buy a mobile within 10K only. I believe there are many other brands which would offer a decent camera within 10K..

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Android: +1 for Moto E, only 7k.
or you can have a look at Sony E1. Same spec as Moto E, but 3.15 MP Camera, 4" 480x800 display and 512MB RAM and a smaller battery. But costs an additional 2k.

Windows: Lumia 525

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Guys, I have second thoughts regarding MOTO because of problems in after sales service. my friend broke his Moto G and getting it replaced is a big PITA for him. he is still not able to get his device for repair because they keep saying one thing or the other.

Lumia 525 is a good front runner now, I still have a few days left to finalize on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom