Mobile buying in Washington - Budget 8000/- INR

rohit0571

Journeyman
Hi friends

My friend who is living in USA will be visiting India in March. Pls tell which phone (used / is good to get from there in the budget of Rs.8000/- and how should he buy it? I want 3G & good battery life :

either via ebay.com or any other site like *washingtondc.craigslist.org/ which he had suggested me to get phones?

I liked these, pls give your views:

*www.radioshack.com/product/index.j...dium=RSCOM&znt_source=HMPG&znt_content=HMPGA3

*washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mob/3585917276.html

or

*washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/mod/3585875283.html

Or

You can suggest....

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
Get this phone eyes closed: Pantech Burst - Full phone specifications
pantech burst | eBay

Don't buy from craiglist, and never buy used from abroad.

OP
R

rohit0571

Journeyman
pantech burst | eBay

But on the forum, I have read that it has worst battery life...

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Get pantech Burst best phone under 10k,Wish it was selling officialy in India

tkin

Back to school!!
But on the forum, I have read that it has worst battery life...
Runs for a day easily under normal use, but yes, the battery is not upto the mark for tremendous heavy use, this is what my friends who own high end android sets do, they carry a cheap nokia phone for all major calls like from girlfriends, family etc, and use the android for internet/multimedia/ etc, you could also import a spare battery and charger for it, look the the specs, super amoled screen, 1GB RAM, dual core s3 at a mind boggling 1.5GHz, 16GB inbuilt storage, 3g/4g/ even that damn LTE(LTE is being implemented in our country a we speak), show me a phone under 20k that has these(giving the LTE away as a handicap).

OP
R

rohit0571

Journeyman
what is LTE?

Secondly, if android uses huge battery, then why don't I should go with a tablet with Good battery life upto Rs.7000/- for viewing videos etc and buy a nokia simple phone for day to day use?

If I could get something good in tablet from US (used), pls tell?

tkin

Back to school!!
what is LTE?

Secondly, if android uses huge battery, then why don't I should go with a tablet with Good battery life upto Rs.7000/- for viewing videos etc and buy a nokia simple phone for day to day use?

If I could get something good in tablet from US (used), pls tell?
Up your budget a tad and get Google Nexus 7 tab(8GB), but no memeory card support.

PS: *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTE_(telecommunication)

OP
R

rohit0571

Journeyman
Up your budget a tad and get Google Nexus 7 tab(8GB), but no memeory card support.

PS: LTE (telecommunication) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nexus 7 8GB is for Rs.215$ i.e. nearly Rs.11600/-

and

PANTECH BURST is for 180$ i.e. Rs.9700/- and my budget is Rs.7000/- INR

and why have you said not to buy from craiglist and not the used one from US, if anyone can check the used mobiles from shop & buy?

tkin

Back to school!!
Nexus 7 8GB is for Rs.215$ i.e. nearly Rs.11600/-

and

PANTECH BURST is for 180$ i.e. Rs.9700/- and my budget is Rs.7000/- INR

and why have you said not to buy from craiglist and not the used one from US, if anyone can check the used mobiles from shop & buy?
How much can you check? Modern phones have features that will take a day to test all, that's why sites like flipkart allow a 30 day return period.

OP
R

rohit0571

Journeyman
How much can you check? Modern phones have features that will take a day to test all, that's why sites like flipkart allow a 30 day return period.

Even if I want to go with Pantech Burst AT&T it is a locked phone, I don't know if it can be unlocked here in India (Delhi) and if it can be unlocked eazily here in India, then I would prefer buying it via my friend as then it would be in my budget.

New Pantech P9070 Burst at T 4G Android Touch 5MP Camera 16GB Smart Phone Black | eBay

tkin

Back to school!!
Even if I want to go with Pantech Burst AT&T it is a locked phone, I don't know if it can be unlocked here in India (Delhi) and if it can be unlocked eazily here in India, then I would prefer buying it via my friend as then it would be in my budget.

New Pantech P9070 Burst at T 4G Android Touch 5MP Camera 16GB Smart Phone Black | eBay
From as low as 40/-
pantech burst unlock code | eBay

OP
R

rohit0571

Journeyman
From as low as 40/-
pantech burst unlock code | eBay

Do you mean to say that people unlock the phones in just Rs.40/- and for unlocking this phone in US (as per new rule) you have to take permission of the Co. i.e. AT&T in this case. Amazing...in some things India is aage than USA.:razz:

Is there any other phone other than pantech burst which can be bought in US with a better battery life & same features?

Is there any other phone other than pantech burst which can be bought in US with a better battery life & same features?

There must be some Samsung other major brand phones which are in the same budget and can be bought in US?

OP
R

rohit0571

Journeyman
pantech burst | eBay

I am asking my friend to get Pantech Burst for me from here:

New Pantech P9070 Burst Unlocked 4G Android Touch 5MP Cam 16GB Phone Black | eBay

Is there any ebay coupons that he can use while buying this phone in USA?

tkin

Back to school!!
I am asking my friend to get Pantech Burst for me from here:

New Pantech P9070 Burst Unlocked 4G Android Touch 5MP Cam 16GB Phone Black | eBay

Is there any ebay coupons that he can use while buying this phone in USA?
You need ebay USA coupons, do a google search.

tkin

Back to school!!
Exactly where did you search using what phrase? Try this: Google

One of these is bound to work.