Mobile buying from ebay? is it safe

gaurav_div

Broken In
hello friends ,
actually i want to buy phone xperia s....and when i go through ebay i saw it is priced at 19,990. whereas its market price is round about 25 to 27 k and the seller on ebay is just giving 6 months seller warranty,,,,so i want to know if u suggest me whether to buy or not...share ur experience if u have buy lyk this:|

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
First check whether the seller is selling the phone with or without a bill.

Next , check whether the warranty is Manufacturer warranty or Seller warranty.

Manufacturer warranty means the actual warranty from the OEM.

Seller waranty means the warranty provided is by the seller himself and if anything goes wrong, the manufacturer isn't responsible.You need to contact the seller himself.

And to answer your question,ordering from Ebay is perfectly safe and you can trust them because Ebay is huge and big international company :D

HAPPY SHOPPING:D:thumbup:

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Since the price difference is more than 2k its safe to assume that the phone you are buying is an imported version. i.e. not grey market but the phone did not enter india via sony india so you will get no OFFICIAL SONY WARRANTY whatsoever even if you have the bill.

secondly these phones are actually unlocked versions of international versions. I purchased a xperia U for 11k which was a t-mobile finland version. the phone box will be in 99% of the cases opened. i.e. the seal is opened to check that the phone is in working order and before that it is unlocked... the network is unlocked for use in India.

also since you are buying the phone just keep in mind, that the seller should offer HARDWARE warranty and not ONLY SOFTWARE warranty, because if you have a phone which is DOA (dead on arrival) which is very rare because they check. but still for peace of mind just buy a phone with HARDWARE warranty. Almost all major electronics which are damaged start malfunctioning within 7-15 days of purchase, meaning if anything is wrong with your phone you will start to notice in a week or 10 days. So more than 6 months warranty is not required as far as i know.

also if something goes wrong with your phone you have to ship the phone back to the seller. Just be clear in what you want and contact the seller and clear your doubts if you have any with him.

Buying items through paisa pay via ebay is safe, as i have myself bought 3 phones in the last 3 months one for myself and 2 for friends worth over 65k without warranty. Just make sure that the payment is made via paisapay and also once you receive the package check the box for

a. contents - phone / battery / adapter / cables / manuals
b. no damage to phone .. no scratches etc.
c. physical damage to the box.

if you still feel that you did not get that the seller promised then file a ebay refund claim and get your money refunded.

if you still have any doubts PM me.

i bought

a. xperia u
b. lg nexus 4
c. ipad 3

incase the price difference is more than 20% its a good deal. without warranty.

OP
G

gaurav_div

Broken In
i have seen that the ebay is giving 6 months seller software warranty only and not manufacturer warranty on xperia s

Top Bottom