Mission fulfilling Resolutions: What's your Inspiration?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Just days after I made my new year resolutions, I promised myself to keep it real this time. Then I came across this article, which shared some ways to keep us motivated.

My mission will be fulfilled, if even one reader gets motivated enough to complete his resolutions. So, here's the article:

Have New Year’s Resolutions? Here Are 5 Inspiring Pieces To Keep You Motivated

If you’ve been preparing a New Year’s resolution list and need a little push, there are many sites that can easily inspire and excite you. There are also numerous inspirational blogs that you can take a look at, from hilarious blogs like The Chive to actual quote encyclopedias, such as Quote Stumbler, which lets you stumble upon a random quote every time you visit the page. There are even social networks where you can discover and share countless quotes that catch your attention. There are also many RSS feeds you can subscribe to for daily inspiration.

I think you get the idea that there may be unique sources of inspiration for different people. Sometimes, you may find them not just in quotes, but also images and videos. Here are a few select media items that might just give you a bit of the directional boost that you’re looking for.

Have your list of resolutions? This simple photo might help you face the potential obstacles coming your way in 2012.
*main.makeuseoflimited.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/image12.png?323f2c

Warhawk Matt Scott In Nike ‘No Excuses’ Commercial

[YOUTUBE]obdd31Q9PqA[/YOUTUBE]

This is an epic commercial, featuring basketball player Matt Scott from the University of Wisconsin – Whitewater, giving a glimpse of the excuses that might set us back when trying to reach your goals.

Henry Ford

*main.makeuseoflimited.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/henry_ford_quote.jpg?323f2c
This was originally featured in a post from the ever-popular The Chive, which occasionally throws in inspirational quotes and images.

Jason McElwain’s Basketball Story

[YOUTUBE]GMjmzhF5320[/YOUTUBE]

This inspiring story about a high school basketball team manager with autism shows that a lot of passion can help you overcome obstacles, achieve the unimaginable and lead you farther than you think.

How far, you ask? I don’t want to spoil the video for you, but let’s just say Jason was able to meet the President of the United States after his story went on the news. Passion is definitely key to keeping you motivated in order to complete a task in your New Year’s Resolutions.

Age Is Just A Number

If one of your resolutions includes to exercise more in an effort to become healthier, here’s a cool video that shows you can become a more active person at any time. You don’t need the latest equipment or a personal trainer.The key is to stick to a routine. Watch the following video as the interviewee reveals his age and shows off the body of a 20-year old.

Video: *www.epicfail.com/wp-content/player/player.swf

Visit original article for links to more resources for many such inspiration: Have New Year’s Resolutions? Here Are 5 Inspiring Pieces To Keep You Motivated

But IMO, its not necessary to look deep for "more" inspirations, rather then just to praise one, and then follow it more.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Today what inspired me is this:

[YOUTUBE]uLo3Tzb7jwM[/YOUTUBE]

I will try to post anything which inspires me to pursue my resolutions of new year here. Unless of course mods inspire to lock it! :oops:

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Today, this inspired me that I will find the "special someone"! :p

*i.imgur.com/uiQS5.jpg

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I was watching a program on the greatest inventions ever on Sci-Fi channel. And the author concluded with a quote, that inspired me to the core. Goes something like this,

"One day a women approached Faraday and asked, "Why do you think this thing you call as, "electromagnetism" holds the kind of significance you boast?
Faraday replied, "What significance does the baby which has just been born holds to you? It may seem that a baby is useless. Since they cry, shout and just makes a mess everywhere. But you never know who the baby might become just after a few years later!! For the least you expected, he could be the next Mozart!""

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
A person named "Koolent" on the IRC. He's a smart kid. Just 13 years old. But knows a lot of stuff that I wasn't even aware of at my time.
He's conscious about his present. He wants to learn something. And he's making an effort for it. Not like me. Wasting time!

You're my inspiration dude. Thanks for talking.

thatsashok

peace panda
Well i don't understand the point of this thread but I'm posting what inspired me today :stirpot:

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7k4kbZmXT8

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
This is awesome. Inspiration to the core!

[YOUTUBE]_Plr_9iwMqY[/YOUTUBE]

axes2t2

I am a cat
well speaking of motivation,I listen to this before going to the gym

[YOUTUBE]G1GWBB7qrBA[/YOUTUBE]

koolent

Youngling
^^ Woo, that video make me get up my chair, boot up and win 6 singles matches of badminton.. Just these words.. :)..

Simply great..

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Works of Nikola Tesla inspire me. Truly a genius. Only if I can do the half of what he has done.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The following video is edited by a mysterious person named, Gen I. And is a culmination of footage from almost every hollywood movie released in 2011.

[YOUTUBE]QgTsQW9tyHg[/YOUTUBE]

The last 1 min of the video gives me chillz, and inspires me to do something useful.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Wat u mean by 'resolutions'?

For me Resolutions is a way to keep a list of stuff that you have to do.

It's gives me an estimate of the amount of work to finish, or the target to achieve. And helps in deciding my short term goals as well.

axes2t2

I am a cat
Don't try to find inspiration in others.Be an inspiration to others, doesn't matter if it's a small deed.

I did one yesterday.

Last edited:
Top Bottom