missing OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rounit

Broken In
the computer is: pentium 4 1333mhz : 40 GB hdd : 128 MB ram :845 chipset based mercury M/B

the computer was affected with virus ,so i formatted the hdd with Disk Manager, when I was installing window xp prof in drive c: then its setup file is getting copied but after restart it show an error messagemissing operating system
is the hdd have got bad sectors?

plz give the solution

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
Friend I m unable to understand ur prob properly but just try as I m telling.

I don't think that HDD is damaged. It's simple prob of corrupt or damaged CD of WinXP or might b that all files were not copied properly.
Boot ur system with WinXP CD.
When asked for selecting a partiotion to install, select the partition and select the option "Quick format with FAT32....."
When format and scan has completed, (restart ur system if U want to format other partitions too. Now again follow the same procedure but now choose another partition which U want to format)
After that install WinXP, & there shudn't b any prob.

Anand_RF

Journeyman
Yes your operating system is missing files. Use a winxp bootable cd and do another install. Choose NTFS file system if you don't use any other OS.
Although I believe if you formatted everything you've lost all data (if you hadn't backed up your files).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom