Missing of Tally9 data file

jgp123

Right off the assembly line
Hi Friends,
I have faced a typical problem while working with Tally9. I am running Win 7-Ult(64-bit) Desktop & installed Tally 9(32-bit), which naturally found its place in Program Files(x86)\Tally. Here I have created a co. & started entering data. After some work, I wanted to take the file(10000) inside Data folder in a pen drive to continue work from a laptop(where Tally9 also installed) in office. But, afterwards during copy-pasting, to my surprise, I found that Data folder is empty!!! After return to home I checked Tally in Desktop & found that no data files exist in Data Folder. I run Tally9 which showed Directory of data file (10000) as C:\Program Files(x86)\Tally\Data and found all the data entered available & no data found missing. Then, if entered data is found in toto, then its data file(10000) must have been present in my PC somewhere. I started searching that ghost 10000 file in my PC but not found. Win-7 search system is really worse when compared with XP. Most surprising fact is that further data can be entered and could be saved with no data loss.

Now I request my forum brothers to help me searching ghost 10000 file so that I can take it in a pen drive to work from other computers.

Regards,
jgp123

billubakra

Conversation Architect
This is why most of the account departments use XP in India. Make a zip file of the whole data folder and then copy it in a pendrive. The file should be there when you unzip it in the XP system.

OP
J

jgp123

Right off the assembly line
This is why most of the account departments use XP in India. Make a zip file of the whole data folder and then copy it in a pendrive. The file should be there when you unzip it in the XP system.

Hi billubakra,

First of all I don't have XP and my desktop/laptop hardware does not support XP installation otherwise I would have converted it into a dual-boot with XP. You have not understood my problem. Data folder of Tally9 is totally empty. Still I can open my co. & enter further data which can be accessed without any problem. That is why I have named it as Ghost data file. I fail to understand where this software hid data file inside Windows. Subsequently I created 2 more accounts of my family members, all are working fine, but 3 data files are nonexistent. Anybody have a solution for this ?

With regards,

jgp123

Top Bottom