Minimum requirement for KGB Archiver to work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raksrules

Youngling
I have a Pentium 4, 2.4GHz machine. I have a 160 KB kgb archive which claims to have 700 MB Movie file. I tried to decompress it but it said "Not enough memory". What is the Minimum requirement for KGB Archiver to work ?

Out of curiosity, can KGB archiver compress things to such a small size ??

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Yes it can compress to very small sizes provided you are having the resources. It works with even 128 MB of memory, but if you want to compress to maximum possible value, even 2GB ram is not enough.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
First of all

its time consuming and u are NOT at all sure that after wasting 4-5 hrs of compressing a s/ware into KBs adn then uncompressing it for 8-9 hrs, the file is corrupted...its really annoying...

and this has been a pain for various users...who hv used it...

btw, its a system hog to tell u the least..and yes even 2 GB ram is not enough..as EXTRA RAM will not help u to reduce the compresion or decompression timings...

Pathik

Google Bot
You need atleast 2 GB RAM and a good proccy for decent KGB decompression. And even then It ll take insane amounts of time.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
it seems ur root partition is out of free space. While compressing, it needs lots of storage as temp, and its not the ram which is insufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom