Migrating to new hardware help

sanju_nlp81

Broken In
Hello everybody! A friend of mine has Intel D945GCLF mobo with integrated Atom 230 @ 1.60GHz, 1gb ram and a 320 gb hdd. Is using Win7 64 bit. He has got some new hardware :

AMD Athlon X2 3600

Asus M2N68-AM Plus motherboard

2gb ram.

Question is will the old os in hdd will boot with new hardware. Driver installation will be needed if it boot. But will it boot as the os has many softwares and other are installed and has been completely customized according to his needs so he does not wants to part away from it. Plz help.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Question is will the old os in hdd will boot with new hardware.
Can't say if it will happen everytime , but it did boot for me. I also upgraded to similar hardware ( m2n68-AM , X2 4000) . All software should work , after you have installed the drivers for the new hardware.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
After the initial win animation it will show a BSOD & reboot u can always try once your best bet is to try Windows Files & Setting transfer wizard but this way only ur personal files and windows settings will be transferred u have to reinstall all the softwares

doomgiver

Warframe
you just need to install the proper drivers, everything will work as normal then.

ignore mithun_mrg, its not going to reboot or bsod.

Top Bottom