Mid-Range PC under 30k

nickreynold

Journeyman
Hello friends, these is what I need-

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Working with MS office, Play games like- Mafia 2, NOLF2, Max Payne 2&3, MOHAA- PA, Airborne, Hitman Contracts, Absolution(if can), Quantum of Solace(JB), Watching Movies both HD and non-HD.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 28k excluding GPU(2k more max inclusive of Taxes)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Do not know how to do it and not planning in the future too. Don’t want much. So, NO.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Win XP 32 bit and Win7 32 bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500GB( Can extend to 1 TB if needed). I already have 1 TB external drive from Buffalo.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Full HD 22 inch (Resolution 1268*764 or may be 1600*900)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Mouse, Keyboard(Keyborad from my old Zenith system and mouse Iball) UPS(supercomp)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Most probably in Dec 2012 or if extended in January-February 2013(when my elder brother comes home and also saving money for GPU)

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bhubaneswar, Odisha. Yes. Yes and I may ask my brother to bring anything from New Delhi as he lives there.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I have made a configuration myself collecting information of availability of items locally and from some valuable suggestions here.

Processor- Intel core i3 2nd generation-2120(may switch to core i5 if needed while buying because of quad core and the least I may go is 2310 or 2320 as it costs more 3k at least. 2500k is out of question.

Mother board- Asus P8H61 MLX( rev 2.0 I think)

Ram- 8GB DDR3(1333/1600 depending on price)-Hynix/Zion/EVD(Transcend or Kingston or Corsair may not be there)

Hard Disk- 500GB sata-WD(this brand is working flawlessly for 9 yrs on my old P4 PC)

PSU- Corsair CX430V2(Luckily after reading blacklisted PSU thread, I asked my brother to bring one from New Delhi but it has to wait.

Cabinet- Some big cabinet from I ball( charm2) as coolermaster and other good brands are not available here.

Speakers- I have but I use headphone.

Costs-

Processor-7000
MB-2950
Ram-2700(1333Mhz)
HDD-3650
DVD-Rw-1000
Cabinnet-1000-1200
Monitor- 9000-9200(Samsung)
PSU-2500

Total-Excluding PSU-27,770

GPU-9000-10000(model I have decided Asus Direct CU 1 GB DDR5 HD 7770 or any other HD 7770(MSI).Mainly buying because of warranty issue.

Thanks.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Intel i3 2100 - 6.5k
GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H - 4.2k
Corsair Value Select RAM DDR3 4GB -1.2k
WD caviar blue 500GB - 3.6k
Asus DRW-24B5ST - 1k
Corsair cx430v2 - 2.5k
NZXT source 210 elite -2.6k or CM elite 311 plus -2.7k
Dell ST2220L-8.5k or Samsung S22B370H -8.5k

Graphics card is not included in the budget.Try getting hd7770 or higher for gaming.
With the Gigabyte B75 board you get features like SATA III ,USB3.0 ports,more display port options.
It is better to opt for a B75 mobo instead of an h61 mobo unless one is too constrained for budget.
Don't compromise on motherboard and cabinet.You can always add more RAM later if you want.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
For a 300 more, OP can opt for the i3-3220.
Since you are using win 32bit, dont buy more than 4gb ram.
Stick to the suggested setup by vkl.

You will get most of the items from Nigam,Sahidnagar.
I am not sure about the PSU and the Cabinet. You can order these online or ask your bro.

OP
N

nickreynold

Journeyman
Thanks for the replies. I was just off the internet so that I could not post my replies. As per suggestion, I had already have Corsair CX 430v2 model PSU with me, thanks to my brother who got it from New Delhi. Now I have to think about cabinet. I will surely look for B-75 motherboard. As per processor, I was stuck with i3 2nd 2120 but since now 3rd gen is out, I may look for that(I think Myth has suggested the 3rd gen processor). For graphics card, I am still going for HD 7770 but I still have to find a decent brand here which is also not too much in my budget(Rs 10,000). I am looking for Asus or MSI or any other model here otherwise I will ask my brother to buy it from New Delhi. If the price difference is 500 or something, I may buy it here so that I would have everything to get my PC ready or I will have to wait till my brother brings it for me and then I will add that to my PC. I have got a quatation from Nigam(suggested by Myth) and also another place and also asked for the available GPU brand for HD 7770. One said has Powercolor brand priced at 9k but I am still looking for other options because brand like Gigabyte or MSI offer the OC version at almost the same price(online) and also have service center here in Bhubaneswar but I am not sure whether they offer GPU service or not.

Top Bottom