Mid-budget gaming PC config

dotrad

Broken In
Guys, any advise would be very useful ...

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Primarily gaming (NFS, skyrim, CoD, FIFA, Batman-arkham, metro etc...) and watching movies

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: around 50-60k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Not at the moment, probably sometime in the future

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: windows 7 64bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500gb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, thinking of buying Benq 24 inch LED - GL2450HM Monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Need to buy all major components

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In the next couple of months

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I haven't but am willing to give it a shot. Are there things i need to be look out for when assembling (advise needed from folks who have assembled their systems)

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Locally and through Flipkart

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: am planning on getting an i7 through a friend (deal through his org), swould be getting the processor and mobo at a fair discount ~20k

Thanks

OP
D

dotrad

Broken In
Guys, this is the config i have in mind, will be very helpful if someone could point out mistakes, or someway i can reduce costs. am planning on getting a radeon 6850 later on. Am i missing any other parts here ?

i7-3770k + dz77re-75k+ 180gb SSD - 27000 (deal thru a friend)
Benq 24 inch LED - GL2450HM Monitor - 12000
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8GB – 1600* - 3200
Samsung DVD Writer - 1200
Cooler Master GX 550W - 5000
Numeric 1000 VA - 5000
Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus - 4000

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Change the PSU to corsair GS600 and cabinet to corsair carbide400r.Much better cabinet.
Buy a CPU cooler like CM Hyper 212 evo.
I don' think you would get hd6850 later on.Even if you get it you might not get it for the right price.
Get something like hd7850 instead.

Top Bottom