Microtek 800va double power- not working properly ??help

Steerpike

Right off the assembly line
Microtek 800va double power UPS - not working properly ??help

I bought this microtek UPS 800 double power with my PC in jan 2010,
my config. is
samsung 2233 SWPLUS TFT monitor , AMD PHENOM II X4 2.8 GHZ ,SEAGATE 500 HDD, NO added graphics card, ASUS motherboard, 4 GB DDR2 RAM, ALTEC LANSING speakers.

First i use to connect SPEAKERS ,MONITOR,CPU to the UPS, my speaker blew off 2 times, then i chngd the speakers not knowing the problem,then my 22'' TFT blew off 2 times and the 2nd time i came to know that why is all this is happning
whenever the PC is on UPS mode, the microtek UPS was creating all these hassles,it provided a very high output,i urgently sent UPS to service, they chngd (say IC) of the UPS with something providing even less voltage or output, but now my UPS doesn't even supports my samsung 22'' SWPLUS TFT monitor and CPU,what the heck ?

what CHANGE does the UPS require please anyone suggest me ? I have sent it to service again , but i fear if they again chngd the UPS' parts into something which blows my accessories ,then it's a big problem for me. Does anyone have been to such prob. what's the solution in UPS?I mean something which doesn't blows off things and supports the system with full backup (say 30-40 min ,as company says)
I only connect the 22'' TFT and CPU only, and it has also been seen that the same UPS supports a CRT monitor and CPU .

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ please use normal font & avoid typing in bold until & unless you trying highlight some part of your query specifically. thanks.

about UPS. use a spike buster between the UPS & the main board. but i'll suggest change the UPS. minimum you need is 550VA. get APC. best. durable & reliable.

according to your specs, a 550VA will give you 10min backup. 650VA about 20-25min (under load). or can settle for 800-850VA APC which will give you 35-40min backup.

also avoid getting those cheap brand UPS. avoid iBall or Zebronics. Microtek isn't a bad brand but not good also.

OP
S

Steerpike

Right off the assembly line
Yes, I do use a spike buster, my friend.
and i can't buy an new UPS ryt now,(but tell me the prices for APC)
i am trying to get onto something with that UPS, also i have seen same microtek UPS working fine in same config. of ma friends .

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
looks something wrong with the electric connections at your place.

APC 550VA ---> 1.7-1.9k
APC 650VA ---> 2.6-2.9k (some report buying for 2.5k).

Top Bottom