Microsoft's Tactics pushed ELCOT towards Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the software package . Not to mention downloading that stuff would take a load of time itself. Nero Linux isn't free. To me its all about value. I see value in the package hence I wouldn't midn buying it.

Whether they use me for testing or not is not your concern. I doubt anyone is going to be sitting on their laptops. As iMav says Damned if they Do and Damned if they Don't.
I know. :) Bundled software really rocks. But they still chose a somewhat heavier distro over lighter and performance ones. :( So I doubt I would get to enjoy it.

The weight test is mainly for Indian households. Here we have extremely careless people, and the neighbour's son or the pest of a cousin.

chandru.in

In the zone
Re: Miccrosoft's Tactics pushed ELCOT towards Linux

@Cyrus, don't get hyper. My questions are valid even if it was any other OS. So stop transforming every thread to a OS flamewar. Just because I ask of someone is a fanbosy, that does not mean that I am inviting flamewars. So keep your sick flamewars and fanboyism out of this thread. Better force them on your hosting customers like you tried to do it in one in the past. :lol: they *may* oblige to you. and you may have it on your face like you had it in the past :D

This is plain sick. Cyrus is in trouble only because he did not delete his posts and IMav who had started the whole thing in that thread got away with all the abusive words he had posted first, just because he deleted them after we had enough time to read it (and suffer it) when the thread was active.

FYI, I was the other one abused by iMav. So stop being one-sided and bashing Cyrus on every other post you can. :x

@Others

Sorry for taking it off-topic, but you know who started it.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I know. Bundled software really rocks. But they still chose a somewhat heavier distro over lighter and performance ones. So I doubt I would get to enjoy it.

I guess it is a bit heavy :(. But what I find appeasing is the fact that there is another vendor in the market with Linux Laptops. Now lets look at it this way. how many companies were there with Laptops with Pre-installed Linux 5 years ago? Now there are more options.

Dell - Ubuntu (Is this available in India ?)
Acer - Linpus
Elcot - SLED

In a few more years I can see every vendor giving out Linux as an alternative :). People are getting more and more educated into other platforms than one thinks. Example students in Kerala using Linux Computers, Government Officers using Linux Boxes? Now all we need is a bit more help from some proprietary software companies or alternatives to alot of the good software out there :).

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Lol Well if thats the case then at we least have this as an option to purchase a Pre-Installed Linux Laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom