Microsoft Wireless or Logitech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizard

Journeyman

Hey guys

Me guin for a Wireless Desktop so i want to know which one is a better Option.

1) Microsoft Wireless Desktop Comfort Edition @ Rs 3600
or
2) Logitech Cordless MXâ„¢ Duo @ Rs 4000

here are the pictures

Microsoft COmfort Edition
*www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/images/desktopset/prod_top-ds-wopt-comed.jpg

Logitech MX Duo
*www.logitech.com/lang/images/0/1919.jpg

Waitin for responses....

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Santosh .....both of em are good company with a lot reputation .About Ms keyboard i can tell is :-
1) The keyboard is ergonomically sturdy and right so definatly you will not have sore wrists. ( i know you spend lotsa time on the PC so will definatly help you )
2) zoom slider is simply Great on MS keyboard.
3) Lotsa programming options of Microsoft's IntelliType Pro and IntelliPoint driver software.

But to touch you will find Logitech the more gentler off the too. Also the RF response on the mouce of logitech is a tad better then MS
By Presing the Connect button on the keyboard of logitech no extra softwares are necessary.
What i can say in a nutshell is if you are a regular typer and dont need to see the keys much then Microsoft keyboard if for you. However if you ocassionaly need to see the keyboard like me then ....Go for Logitech..More cheaper and more value for money.

G

gxsaurav

Well, rite now I m suing a Logitech Elite keyboard & Logitech Optical Mouse, both wired,

they do everything for me, so I prefer Logitech

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
Wireless is good, but it involves batteries, which i hate :x

Have u seen the iKey Powerkey & iBall optiball range of Kbds & mice, they r really kewl, esp. the Ball on top for scrolling. the driver software is good, n allows u to customize the mouse n keyboard to a gr8 extent 8)

rohanbee

Padawan
Ive been using a Microsoft Wireless combo keyboard mouse since a year already.

:arrow: Batteries are an issue but not so much. Use rechargable ones preferably, although ideally the Energizer ones provided should last you for aound 6 months of average usage.

:arrow: Also, they say you can go up till 15 meters. I think they are JOKING, the max you can go is a 4-5 feet without inteference from other signals. Also you would not bee able to see the screen from 8 feet or so onwards anyways.

:arrow: ADVANTAGE:_ It makes life for a desktop much easier. No wires !!! also you do not have to tug the cable around when you are using either the devices.

:arrow: Also i think this model comes with a very soft wrist guard so its much better than the plastic ones provided earlier.

OP
W

Wizard

Journeyman

Hello Guys

After reading the reviews and asking few shops and other people i found out few things.

1)

Logitech Mouse comes out with 8 keys ( microsoft comes out with 3 )

2)

Signal quality of logi is very good when compared to microsoft

3)

Logitech comes out with rechargable batteries with recharger ( recceiver of RF signals act as recharger and cradle for mouse )

the ting tht is good @ microsoft keybrd is the shape and the leather pad and ofcourse the name ' Microsoft '

Both comes with 3 year warranty

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Hey u know what? i got myself a microsoft wheel mouse and guess what microsoft costed only 200rs and logitech costed 250rs.

The built quality of microsoft is better and looks good and the comfort is also good.

But there may not be much difference...., IMO, i could go for microsoft.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
well both manufacturers make gr8 keyboards and mice...and dont worry abt the microsoft combo not havin rechargeable batteries....a pair of alkaline batteries will last u at least 4-5months....i have a wireless MS mouse and its been on the same pair of batteries since september...still going strong....i would say go with MS coz its cheaper....

rohanbee

Padawan
Personally i also think that microsoft has somehow better build quaity....................

But Logitech giving rechargable batteries and charger is also quite a boon though you can get a everready charger and batteries for less than 200/-

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
freshseasons said:
....Go for Logitech..More cheaper and more value for money.

:shock: of 4000
according to original post by wizard,he quoted logitech to be 4000 nd microsoft to be of 3600....?????

whats the latest price??? :roll:

OP
W

Wizard

Journeyman
HUmm

Guys....there are differenct models of Wireless Desktop.

Anwyyz me plannin to go for Logitech coz its got 8 buttons in the mouse ( and i use mouse the most )
and i heared from my friend tht its got a gr8 RF signal

anyway will be gettin it only nex week....so if there are anyother comments abt these 2 products...plz post

rohanbee

Padawan
Let me know the exact model number for both and i will check them out for you since i will be visiting the distribuitor for some other stuff..........

OP
W

Wizard

Journeyman
rohanbee said:
Let me know the exact model number for both and i will check them out for you since i will be visiting the distribuitor for some other stuff..........

Microsoft Wireless Desktop Comfort Edition = Rs 3600 @ chennai

Logitech Cordless MX Duo = Rs 4000 @ chennai

==============

Also ask him which is a better model :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom