Microsoft Windows XP SP3 RTM Available on Technet and MSDN NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Microsoft has made Windows XP SP3 available for MSDN and TechNet subscribers today. Earlier it was announced to be available later on May 02, 2008.

Just login to TechNet/MSDN account and check “Top Subscriber Downloads” section.

The file size is 544.86 MB.

Source

T

The Conqueror

Thanks for the news, but can I know why is it released early for Subscribers ?
Is it for beta testing ?

Yoda

Journeyman
While the planned release schedule for XP SP3 stated MSDN/TechNet subscribers would be receiving the update on May 2, a few days after the public release, Microsoft appears to have listened to the numerous complaints on its TechNet forums and has posted the bits to both the MSDN and TechNet Subscriber Downloads.

Or, another possible reason for the early release could be that there wasn't that much demand for Vista SP1 after all?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
no, only the license and terms are differnt, rtm is less restrictive than oem

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Today Microsoft has also released the slipstreamed ISO image of Windows XP with SP3 for Technet and MSDN subscribers:

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/vishaal_here/Windows_XP_with_SP3.jpg

If you are a subscriber, you can download the ISO image from your subscription page. ;)

manishjha18

In the zone
Windows XP Professional N with Service Pack 3 (x86) - CD (English)en_windows_xp_professional_n_with_service_pack_3_x86_cd_vl_x14-78118.iso 597.83 mb

Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 (x86) - CD (English)en_windows_xp_professional_with_service_pack_3_x86_cd_vl_x14-73974.iso 589.14mb

*technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/downloads/details/default.aspx?pm=p:140

vishal i dont know but the file size on msdn shows 597.83mb for xp pro vl
i am not an msdn member but the file size it shows are different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom