Microsoft Windows defender(Beta 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendKiller

In the zone
Windows Defender is a security technology that helps protect Windows users from spyware and other potentially unwanted software. Known spyware on your PC can be detected and removed. This helps reduce negative effects caused by spyware including slow PC performance, annoying pop-up ads, unwanted changes to Internet settings, and unauthorized use of your private information. Continuous protection improves Internet browsing safety by guarding over 50 ways spyware can enter your PC.

The worldwide SpyNet community plays a key role in determining which suspicious programs are classified as spyware. Microsoft researchers quickly develop methods to counteract these threats, which are automatically downloaded to your PC, so you stay up-to-date.
Download:*fileforum.betanews.com/sendfile/1105022593/1/WindowsDefender.msi

anandk

Distinguished Member
verifies key > doz not insatll on pirated os. so those having it, stick to ms anti-spy.

vij26

Broken In
*img126.imageshack.us/img126/8733/probs9nt.jpg
I guess it is Code 1609...
Create a user "USERS " (Admin) then log on that user and you should be able to install it!!!

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
na, after i close defender, it still stayz in the task bar, wen i exit from it, it display an error report

@vij26 thnx for trying out but that was not the prob

mohit

The Hardware Labs
UPDATE :

Microsoft has offered up a fix for users who are encountering "Error 1609" when trying to install Windows Defender Beta 2, attributing the problem to the lack of a local group named "Users." This group often has a different name in international versions of Windows, the company says.

A knowledge base article has been added to Microsoft's Support site to instruct users on how to correct the issue so that Windows Defender installs properly. A new version of the software that does not require a workaround will be released shortly for those who wish to wait, Microsoft said.

Source : BETANEWS
Link to the KB article fro MS :- *support.microsoft.com/kb/915087

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom