Microsoft Vista SP1 coming tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
If you have been waiting for Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista, well, you can now mark your calender. We just received word that Microsoft has scheduled Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for release to manufacturer (RTM) on Monday, February 4, 2008. That's just 1 day away! The OEMs will also receive Windows Vista Service Pack 1 during that week.

Microsoft will be deploying Service Pack 1 in two "waves". Wave 0, which is the one released on February 4, will only include five languages - English, French, Spanish, German and Japanese. The second wave, Wave 1, is scheduled for release 1-2 weeks later, and will cover all 36 basic languages, including Chinese.

Microsoft claims Windows Vista SP1 will provide key improvements on the security, performance and reliability of Windows Vista by providing :

* All previously released updates since RTM
* Performance and reliability improvements in core scenarios such as file copy, network browsing, and improved response time to resume from sleep.
* Support for new types of hardware, and several emerging standards.
* There are improvements to the administration experience. One of the most important changes we’re making is that BitLocker now supports encrypting for multiple volumes.

Of course, Service Pack 1 will also disable two common methods of hacking Windows Vista, namely the OEM BIOS exploit and the Grace Timer exploit.

Source : *www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=505&pgno=0

Last edited:
guess I will wait for the full language release. Though I neither use nor care about vista, a hot download is a hot download. BSNL H500 FTW. I will just burn the DVD and give it to friends.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@cadcrazy: He isn't a Windows user actually.:D

I am happy with my XP and openSuse. Waiting for the SP-3 of Windows XP. Guess when are they going to launch........

^^ So you are a genuine vista user :D
actually, I am downloading it for fun. To have something extra to give my DVD writer. bsnl500 exercise:D

I am in the process of burning a DVD with essential windows software in it. It has games, huge developer softwares(VS2008E), etc. Its only 2.4 gb as of now. So I am downloading Vista SP1 to help fill my DVD. Thats all. I just want it to help fill a DVD(with something useful, freeware but non GPL, and windows related)

Last edited:

anandk

Distinguished Member
Yep; expected this week !

Make sure that you windows update HAS installed KB935509 update which was pushed thru windows update, and that it does not show as 'Failed'. It IS required if you want to instal SP1 thru windowsupdates. Else one may have to use its stand alone installer.

Windows Vista SP1 will support the following delivery methods:
Express. Requires an Internet connection but minimizes the size of the download by sending only the changes needed for a specific computer (approximately 50 MB for x86-based operating systems).

Stand-alone. Recommended for computers with limited Internet connectivity and for applying the service pack to multiple computers. The download size is larger than the express package, but customers can apply a single package to any Windows Vista version and language combination (within a platform). Distribution tools like System Center Configuration Manager 2007 use stand-alone packages to deploy Windows Vista SP1.

Slipstream. The slipstream version of Windows Vista SP1 is media that already contains the service pack, which companies can use to deploy the operating system to new computers or to upgrade existing computers. Availability will be limited. Microsoft will update Windows Vista retail media with Windows Vista SP1 slipstream media in the future. Slipstream media will also be available to Volume Licensing customers.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
guess I will wait for the full language release.

I guess the initial 5 language pack should be enough.

Oh! & just to inform you, MSDN, Connect & Technet users will be getting fresh Windows Vista + SP1 slipstreamed ISO on 4th to download. Time to reinstall Windows after..16 months.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org

Oh! & just to inform you, MSDN, Connect & Technet users will be getting fresh Windows Vista + SP1 slipstreamed ISO on 4th to download. Time to reinstall Windows after..16 months.

Any ideas where can genuine Win Vista Ultimate users can download the SlipStreamed ISO ? :)

hey,where do u live... u know ur exercise may be useful for many needy(read ... :Dme)....
bangalore. can meet in majestic. but you need to pay transportation and media cost.

I do this all the time as I am the one with BSNL-500 in my peer group. Others have dialup, 256kbps UL, etc, all of which are not as good as BSNL-500 in downloading files.

I want the full language pack version because some of my friends want some local lingo support. Besides, I don't even need Vista SP1. I am just downloading it to show off my BSNL H500 scheme in front of my lesser net enabled friends. I also download huge freeware, distros, etc just because I can :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom