Phoenix 2:13 AM MST
Los Angeles 1:13 AM PST
Anchorage 12:13 AM AKST
Honolulu 11:13 PM -1 day HST

OP
C

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
Checkout *www.news.com/8301-13860_3-9863959-56.html and *windowsvistablog.com/blogs/windows.../announcing-the-rtm-of-windows-vista-sp1.aspx

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
MSDN & Technet subscribers will be able to download Vista + SP1 slipstreamed ISO by tomorrow morning as well as standalong 5 Language EXE. Windows Server 2008 RTM is already available now

Why transportation charge? :confused: Anyone will be ready to pay for media costs. If you are coming in bus, then transportation charges also wouldn't be a problem :p
I know. But its because the total cost 4 me is as follows:

Rs. 20 for dvd
Rs. 03 to burn it
Rs. 02 for dvd pouch
Rs. 10 to come to majestic
Rs. 10 to leave majestic.

but in areas like malleswaram, yashwanthpur, etc I can roam around for free.

anispace

dattebayo
from>> *windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...vista-sp1.aspx

Here's the timing for SP1 availability for current Windows Vista users:
In mid-March, we will release Windows Vista SP1 to Windows Update (in English, French, Spanish, German and Japanese) and to the download center on microsoft.com. Customers who visit Windows Update can choose to install Service Pack 1. If Windows Update determines that the system has one of the drivers we know to be problematic, then Windows Update will not offer SP1. Since we know that some customers may want to update to SP1 anyhow, the download center will allow anyone who wants to install SP1 to do so.
In mid-April, we will begin delivering Windows Vista SP1 to Windows Vista customers who have chosen to have updates downloaded automatically. That said, any system that Windows Update determines has a driver known to not update successfully will not get SP1 automatically. As updates for these drivers become available, they will be installed automatically by Windows Update, which will unblock these systems from getting Service Pack 1. The result is that more and more systems will automatically get SP1, but only when we are confident they will have a good experience.
The remaining languages will RTM in April.

so its gonna take another 6 weeks to be available via windows update:(

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I know. But its because the total cost 4 me is as follows:

Rs. 20 for dvd
Rs. 03 to burn it
Rs. 02 for dvd pouch
Rs. 10 to come to majestic
Rs. 10 to leave majestic.

but in areas like malleswaram, yashwanthpur, etc I can roam around for free.

20 + 3 + 2 + 10 + 10 = 45! Whoa! you are costly, man! :))

Nice to see Vista SP1 coming :) Hoping for some speed improvements.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Notable performance changes included in Windows Vista Service Pack 1:
25% faster when copying files locally on the same disk on the same machine
45% faster when copying files from a remote non-Windows Vista system to a SP1 system
50% faster when copying files from a remote SP1 system to a local SP1 system
Includes improvements to Windows Superfetch™ that help to further improve resume times, in many environments.
Improves the performance of browsing network file shares by consuming less bandwidth.
Improves the speed of adding and extracting files to and from a compressed (zipped) folder.

Notable security changes included in Windows Vista Service Pack 1:
SP1 includes Secure Development Lifecycle process updates, where Microsoft identifies the root cause of each security bulletin and improves our internal tools to eliminate code patterns that could lead to future vulnerabilities.
Service Pack 1 includes supported APIs by which third-party security and malicious software detection applications can work alongside Kernel Patch Protection on 64-bit versions of Windows Vista. These APIs have been designed to help security and non-security ISVs develop software that extends the functionality of the Windows kernel on 64-bit systems, in a documented and supported manner, and without disabling or weakening the protection offered by Kernel Patch Protection.
Improves the security of running RemoteApp™ programs and desktops by allowing RDP files to be signed. Administrators now have the control to differentiate the user experience based on the publisher’s identity.
Data Execution Protection (DEP) is a memory-protection feature available beginning with Windows XP and Server 2003. SP1 improves security with a new set of Win32 APIs to allow programmatic control over a process’s DEP policy. This will provide application developers with finer control on a process’s DEP settings for security, testability, compatibility, and reliability.
Improves the trustworthiness of data presented in Windows Security Center (WSC) by ensuring that only authenticated security applications can communicate with WSC.
Improves security on wired networks by enabling single sign on (SSO) for authenticated wired networks. The single sign on experience presents the user with a single point of credential entry rather than being double prompted for local and network logon.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
narangz said:
^^You must have installed SP1 I guess. So what do you feel?

Cant say about AnandK :lol: my self using the SP1 right through its testing time.. performance is certainly better, network works really smoth...

with x64 the Gaming performance seems better... also with SP1 the x86 runs pretty decent on a onboard M2N-MX SE with 512 MB (available ram is 480 MB)

so yeah its free so download and install :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
There is a leacked ISO on torrents available with the same built number as SP1, however we don't know whether the content of that ISO are legal or not.

Anyone willing to test a 3 GB ISO download :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom