Microsoft to add 'black box' to Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Microsoft to add 'black box' to Windows

SEATTLE--In a move that could rankle privacy advocates, Microsoft said Monday that it is adding the PC equivalent of a flight data recorder to the next version of Windows, in an effort to better understand and prevent computer crashes.

The tool will build on the existing Watson error-reporting tool in Windows but will provide Microsoft with much deeper information, including what programs were running at the time of the error and even the contents of documents that were being created. Businesses will also choose whether they want their own technology managers to receive such data when an employee's machine crashes.

Read More: Zdnet

geek_rohit

In the zone
Man this is nuts!!! :shock: Really this will kill privacy. It will even take the log of the content of the document!!! This is not right. Ok the log of programs running at the time is fine, but the documents. Atleast spare the documents. I say u even take the whole PC leave alone the content of the documents, but still what will guarantee that this will help in stopping the system crashes. I guess that day is still very far. Or will it come?

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Heh .. Dr Watson is the cr@appiest debugger that I have seen .. I have even seen it crashing itself .. Lets see what this new tool does ..

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Whether it kills piracy or not the thought of this new tool logging anything I was doing with the option to send it to anyone just sounds absurd. To me it sounds like another reason why one would want to move to Linux or macintosh.

Ashootosh

Broken In
I think it seems something like an inbuilt keylogger in Windows........ They will get every info of our PC, I know it will kill PIRACY but at same time it will also kill PRIVACY!!!!!

shaunak

Tux Fan
oh so they wanna add a black box.
how abt adding 4 engines, two wings and pricing it like a 747 too.
i guess they would need to raise the price by only a bucs then. not much difference really.

girish_b

Journeyman
it_waaznt_me said:
Heh .. Dr Watson is the cr@appiest debugger that I have seen .. I have even seen it crashing itself .. Lets see what this new tool does ..

ya.. me too. have seen it many times.

Shikhar

Journeyman
I wish Linux becomes more popular by that time so that more softwares are created for it. I would then finally switch to Linux system.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
Time now for people to act up !

STEPS FOR PREVENTION !!!

1) Switch over to another OS

2) Never install the Black-Box

3) Use a firewall and block Windows from connecting to MS website !!!

What else !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom